British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

Ipswich v Poole; Supporters Cup; Thurs 16/05/19

Sometimes you just have to throw the hands up and say we were beaten by a better team. 

And well were beaten by a better team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, poolebolton said:

Sometimes you just have to throw the hands up and say we were beaten by a better team. 

And well were beaten by a better team. 

You already know  that changes are probably on the way .but where will rider or rider's come from ?

24 minutes ago, Gavan said:

If people are upset that I commented on last nights meeting saying that I think Poole should look to replace Worrall and maybe Covatti then I apologise

I thought this was a forum .... you know where you could give your opinion on things

This obviously has touched a nerve on some people who are a touch precious 

I must also remember that the next time I have such an opinion that I must go to the track and hunt down said rider and tell him to his face that’s he isn’t doing well enough

I realise now that I’m not allowed an opinion on Pooles riders 

You have absolutely nothing to apologise for .Some people are just pathetic and cannot take an opinion that differs to theirs. 

If people disagree that can reply with why they should not look to replace them ,but guess what ? no one has so that tells you all you need to know.

A certain poster loves calling people names for no reason love playing the victim .Petulant attitude from someone who has probably never heard the word NO in their lives. 

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Gavan said:

If people are upset that I commented on last nights meeting saying that I think Poole should look to replace Worrall and maybe Covatti then I apologise

I thought this was a forum .... you know where you could give your opinion on things

This obviously has touched a nerve on some people who are a touch precious 

I must also remember that the next time I have such an opinion that I must go to the track and hunt down said rider and tell him to his face that’s he isn’t doing well enough

I realise now that I’m not allowed an opinion on Pooles riders 

FFS Gavan.. The  penny has only just dropped :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Unfortunately, but I don’t read it. It would just be something I have read hundreds of times before.

Yeah, true. Might be worth a go. Get my post count down a bit! Lol.

2 hours ago, BWitcher said:

You're making a fool of yourself with posts like this.

This is a speedway discussion forum. Gavan has given his opinion. 

I've noticed it's when he's actually correct he seems to get the most reaction from certain Poole fans.

Why should he go and tell Worrall he thinks he should be replaced? Utterly irrelevant and a childish thing to say. 

Well he isn't correct as he won't get replaced by the next meeting.

38 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

You have absolutely nothing to apologise for .Some people are just pathetic and cannot take an opinion that differs to theirs. 

If people disagree that can reply with why they should not look to replace them ,but guess what ? no one has so that tells you all you need to know.

A certain poster loves calling people names for no reason love playing the victim .Petulant attitude from someone who has probably never heard the word NO in their lives. 

Is this your stand up routine?? It is rather good. :D

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

Oops the big bad wolf has come out to play

Your talking about constructive criticism is laughable.....................ive said Worrall needs to go..........and instead of debating it im told i should tell him to his face....bit juvenile

Just for the record take a look over the thread....see what sort of comments people have said about Shovlar including Poole fans

43 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well he isn't correct as he won't get replaced by the next meeting.

I might be wrong, but I thought Gavan said "Looks like it could be Worralls last meeting" After to RR's in his first 2 rides, I took it as he meant Worrall might know it's his last meeting, so isn't bothered.

Feel free to put me right.

Gosh this is a weird old thread - Gavan is a pillock among many things, but it's a strange old argument to only be allowed to have an opinion on a rider if you're prepared to say it to his face.  

Very strange.  Is it the case then if we're scared to approach a rider to tell them, we just have to zip it and not say anything, and just not bother going to speedway again ?

Fwiw, it is very cathartic to tell a rider your opinion of them to their face - see my profile pic of me and kelv for instance.  He took it well. Lovely bloke.

9 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

Gosh this is a weird old thread - Gavan is a pillock among many things, but it's a strange old argument to only be allowed to have an opinion on a rider if you're prepared to say it to his face.  

Very strange.  Is it the case then if we're scared to approach a rider to tell them, we just have to zip it and not say anything, and just not bother going to speedway again ?

Fwiw, it is very cathartic to tell a rider your opinion of them to their face - see my profile pic of me and kelv for instance.  He took it well. Lovely bloke.

Oh its weird alright can't see much wrong in Gavan's comments just some scatty mare chatting weird stuff!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My goodness, don't we know we are in the pl now:rolleyes:

Regarding Ritchie worrall seems a strange one to be nit picking over, I can honesty say I've never seen him go well at foxhall,  especially as our no 1,, so probably not the best performance to use against him, just my opinion of course.

For what it's worth apart from Josh,  Scott and tobi the rest need to take a long hard look at themselves if Thursday's meeting is anything to go by. 

Gutted with nico's performance,  was one of our entertainers but not on Thursday :(

Richie and Nico are odd because they are getting decent points in the champ. Yet don't seem to be able to convert them into points in the prem. 

People saying richie struggles at this track and that track. Only 7 in the whole league. Better be good at 6 of them otherwise why you in the prem. 

21 hours ago, chun said:

I’ve seen a lot worse meetings at foxhall.  Kings lynn was close with limited passing.  Poole seems like there was more overtaking but was always a home win.  Maybe your expectations are too much.  What leisure activities do you see as good VFM and comparable to the thrill of speedway?  Just out of interest...

Hi Chun

I'm into a variety of things to be fair and alot of it comes down to a mixture of atmosphere or entertainment or indeed both.

I can go and watch MMA locally for £35 or £20 if I got an early bird ticket and there are over 35 bouts, as its short rounds only 3x3 minutes someone is going to get punched in the face.

British Superbike is a great day out ok you don't get to see every overtake or pass but it's a full day out.

Darts is another one purely just for atmosphere.

Maybe the odd one or two passes is what speedway has been about for years but I've only just noticed it.

That's why I'm saying some form of radical shake up should happen maybe more heats (yes I know I said speedway within an hour) perhaps 18 heats broken in to 3 rounds of six heats

Normal format

Some form of chase format where say lower averages riders in the race start from normal position and the two highest 10 metres back

Then the 3rd set of heats who knows, maybe it's the bikes, or quality of riders across the teams that make the racing dull perhaps the format itself is fine?

There are some tracks that nearly always seem to produce good racing,, and some that don't,,,but what is a good race? 4, riders within feet of each other with no passes,, or a rider in last place making his way to the front,,, sounds good,, but one broke down,,, one slipped off because he was a wobbly reserve and the other picked up unwanted grip and went wide. 

I would say the racing does seem better this season at Foxhall,,, but that's not a great advert,, cos I have found it to be pretty naf for many many seasons,,, but maybe that's because I expect more, but in reality it's the norm. 

Let's see how it looks on TV,, but I doubt it will look very good at all.