British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

Ipswich v Poole; Supporters Cup; Thurs 16/05/19

10 hours ago, WestGorton1884 said:

I had noticed , certain  Poole fans 'dont do' losing graciously :)

9 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Evening over. 

Well done to the witches. From start to finish bar a few races towards the ends they dominated. Josh G and Scotty only 2 guys who really turned up. 

As Dan ford had just said repercussions will happen which is another word for changes. 

As ive said Richie is not cutting the mustard and I think a double switch has to occur to really achieve value. Think Covatti isn’t really getting the value from him. Averaging about 3/4 points a meeting. 

Guys who I guess we have to consider. 

Woryna, THJ, Cook, Perks, Kacper G, Eddie K, Josh P. Sure a few others will be lurking around. 

fred(no, spoke to him and is too busy now with Sweden) 

The first Poole fan to say well done

According to the lord and master of Poole speedway Scott was a poor guest

And according to Lisa you cant say Worrall is poor and needs to go unless you tell him to his face

8 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

I said it a couple of weeks ago and I will say it again. This team is rubbish. It's not an opinion it's a fact. 

Richie Worrall and one of the reserves have to go. The way the team was built it needs all 7 riding well to win meetings. But that's never going to happen because everyone is hit and miss in the side.

Jakobsen was a poor signing and so was Richie Worrall. 

Again have you told Worrall to his face? Because if you havent you cant have this opinion

2 hours ago, ray c said:

I said earlier in the thread I thought Ipswich would win this I don't think the poole side   is good enough to inconsistent .I notice one or two slagging of scott never slagged him of last week when he was rider of the night at poole 

Thats because you are a speedway fan as well as a Poole fan

As i said earlier Belle Vue fans did nothing but congratulate Poole on their comeback last week....yet now apart from yourself and one or two others the usual suspects just cant take getting beat and look for every excuse under the sun

2 hours ago, semion said:

Seems like a lot of Poole fans are not on the Shovvy Tour Bus.  Ding Ding

Well of course they wouldnt be not those that know about speedway they dont fall in line with the nonsense he speaks

Havent seen much of Starman recently......Poole must be losing

• Haha 1

After years or Poole being cup kings, I think we get that. 

39 minutes ago, AntiqueSteve said:

Does anyone know how Jake is ?

Ipswich have tweeted he’s out for Monday, Josh Bates in to guest. Further updates on the extent of shoulder injury to follow

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gavan said:

And according to Lisa you cant say Worrall is poor and needs to go unless you tell him to his face

Again have you told Worrall to his face? Because if you havent you cant have this opinion

As i said earlier Belle Vue fans did nothing but congratulate Poole on their comeback last week....yet now apart from yourself and one or two others the usual suspects just cant take getting beat and look for every excuse under the sun

Well of course they wouldnt be not those that know about speedway they dont fall in line with the nonsense he speaks

I think I spotted Starman last night.

Well done Ipswich I thought Lawson was impressive especially early on as were the reserves. Danny King and Harris did as expected , Bellego was a bit up and down and KP wasn't great .

For Poole Josh rode well all night, Nicholls took 3 rides to get going including a rare overtake of Harris, Jack looked like he was giving it a go but couldn't gate for toffee and didn't seem to have the speed to compete with their top riders, NBJ also seemed to try hard without much reward, Musielak was awful most of the night and seemed to have bike issues.Covatti and Worrall were pretty hopeless on a track they both should like.

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well done Ipswich I thought Lawson was impressive especially early on as were the reserves. Danny King and Harris did as expected , Bellego was a bit up and down and KP wasn't great .

At this stage of the season KP scoring 7 points on a night where he’s “not that great” is very encouraging imo, he’s only going improve with more and more laps on ours and other uk tracks! 

Bellego very hot and cold - a bit like covatti seems to ride different lines to everyone else...?

Have they changed the rules as I thought guests couldn't ride at the same track twice in the same week unless it was for a number 1. Should Scott have ridden last night or does this mean Thorssell is back for Monday's meeting.

Onto last nights meeting, didn't expect any different result. Scott scored probably more than Kurtz and Josh was their top rider, I'm sure a couple of his passes were down to his Ipswich Kevlars fooling the home riders into letting him pass;). Holder has never had a good meeting at Ipswich. 

Bellego has that horrible trait of looking super fast and smooth in front, but at the back wobbly and clueless.    Harris also needs to do some laps behind Danny, baucause his current lines leave him vulnerable to being passed like last night 

• Like 1

A guest booking can be taken within 8 days before your teams meeting,,, but not after. That's what I was told last night anyway.    

Edited by Baldyman

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

A guest booking can be taken within 8 days before your teams meeting,,, but not after

So you can come and have a practise before riding for your own team but can’t use riding for your own team to then benefit someone else with a guest booking!!?? 

Not that nicholls needs any practise around Foxhall! Dad and I were joking last night he’s probably done more laps at Foxhall than the rest of them put together discounting perhaps Danny! 

Edited by 89buttons

That's what I was told. 

Also why wasn't Heeps allowed in 15.  I thought it was anyone apart from those that rode in 14

Edited by Baldyman

10 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Evening over. 

Well done to the witches. From start to finish bar a few races towards the ends they dominated. Josh G and Scotty only 2 guys who really turned up. 

As Dan ford had just said repercussions will happen which is another word for changes. 

As ive said Richie is not cutting the mustard and I think a double switch has to occur to really achieve value. Think Covatti isn’t really getting the value from him. Averaging about 3/4 points a meeting. 

Guys who I guess we have to consider. 

Woryna, THJ, Cook, Perks, Kacper G, Eddie K, Josh P. Sure a few others will be lurking around. 

fred(no, spoke to him and is too busy now with Sweden) 

Prior to the season starting we were told money was tight and we could not afford these rider's has things changed that we can now .after last week's gate of about 900 I would think not :t:

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

You said it should be his last meeting!!! So you just didn't say he was poor.

22 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

That's what I was told. 

Also why wasn't Heeps allowed in 15.  I thought it was anyone apart from those that rode in 14

Isn't heat 15 the 'top scorers' heat? Heeps had only scored 4 points up to then!!

Well done to the Witches - it was the first 6 heats that did most of the damage, with the remaining heats (apart from heat 11) either shared or to Poole's advantage.

As co-promoter Danny Ford has now said publicly, Poole must improve their set-ups for the start of every meeting together with their gating in order not to get left so far behind, otherwise there may be repercussions!!

This has been the case home and away - except for the 20 point home drubbing of BV - so needs sorting soonest for the league meetings!