British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

Ipswich v Poole; Supporters Cup; Thurs 16/05/19

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Who is Tomasz Musielak?

Oops he didn't keep still enough for me to get his name right. Sorry Tobiasz!!:D

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Sweden takes priority as this cup is not considered an official competition - what tosh

Poole much stronger as a result but Witches still to win but not by too many

Yes i think Ipswich are stronger especially after last nights demolition of Peterborough but i don't think we are much stronger at all, Brady is flying at the moment and i think Klindt has had some good meetings at Ipswich.

Kurtz and Holder have usually been dump at Foxhall in the past,, klindt has been both good and bad,,, same as josh. 

Shame we have guests. Brady flying at the mo and Klindt when he gates is virtually untouchable. Would rather our proper team than guests but nothing can be done about it. It’s practice for the champs though for when we come for the league points.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Shame we have guests. Brady flying at the mo and Klindt when he gates is virtually untouchable. Would rather our proper team than guests but nothing can be done about it. It’s practice for the champs though for when we come for the league points.

With the guests quite clearly improving Poole ( Brady hasnt scored more than 6 in his last 3 matches at Foxhall in league matches and Klindt got 8 last season in the lower league when he was directly up against Scott who got 12 + 1) this should be closer than i thought it might be

You have Nicholls a track expert likely to score more than Klindt would have and now Tobi who got 3 wins from 5 rides at Foxhall (including and unfortunate last place) and only a man with blinkered vision would believe Poole were weaker.

Add in Worrall and Covatti and this could be a troublesome meeting for the team that are currently top of the table and the team that currently set the benchmark for a team like Poole to attain.

Poole will no doubt be looking to keep it close so that they may have some hope in the league match, though with their own riders returning instead of a 'horses for courses' approach to this meeting, it may be tougher than what this meeting will be.

As we all know the early stages of a league can mean nothing come play off time when i would expect Poole to have strengthened by the time the season comes to the business end rather than at the moment just being a side that would be hopeful of squeezing into the top 4

Whilst you always want/prefer to have your whole team there. Scott and TM prob the best you could get, I would say slightly stronger. As for the team manager debate, even when Neil is having a bad day still better than Hawkins! 

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

With the guests quite clearly improving Poole ( Brady hasnt scored more than 6 in his last 3 matches at Foxhall in league matches and Klindt got 8 last season in the lower league when he was directly up against Scott who got 12 + 1) this should be closer than i thought it might be

You have Nicholls a track expert likely to score more than Klindt would have and now Tobi who got 3 wins from 5 rides at Foxhall (including and unfortunate last place) and only a man with blinkered vision would believe Poole were weaker.

Add in Worrall and Covatti and this could be a troublesome meeting for the team that are currently top of the table and the team that currently set the benchmark for a team like Poole to attain.

Poole will no doubt be looking to keep it close so that they may have some hope in the league match, though with their own riders returning instead of a 'horses for courses' approach to this meeting, it may be tougher than what this meeting will be.

As we all know the early stages of a league can mean nothing come play off time when i would expect Poole to have strengthened by the time the season comes to the business end rather than at the moment just being a side that would be hopeful of squeezing into the top 4

I don't think anyone has said we are weaker but not much stronger, Brady has been flying this season, that said Scott is on top form too and although Klindt is a gater which is vital at Ipswich ,Musielak did go well at Ipswich last time so yes I agree we are stronger but on slightly.

31 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Whilst you always want/prefer to have your whole team there. Scott and TM prob the best you could get, I would say slightly stronger. As for the team manager debate, even when Neil is having a bad day still better than Hawkins! 

Good job you've got Garry May then:rolleyes:.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Badge said:

Good job you've got Garry May then:rolleyes:.

Yes I know who's there on Thurs!! Lol. But most of the debate was about Neil so that's why I mentioned him. 

7 hours ago, ray c said:

who cares another farce for speedway in this country don't take it to serious folks  :cheers:

Absolutely. If you are waiting for speedway to become a serious sport, I'd stop going. I go in the hope of seeing a close meeting with some decent racing. Sometimes i get this, but mostly i don't!

Is it a battle between us who finishes last in our group,, or has that already been decided.  

15 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Is it a battle between us who finishes last in our group,, or has that already been decided.  

Does it matter as it is only an unofficial fixture/competition

Surprised they even bother with a table or a final for a glorified challenge event

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv