British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
davidba

world u21 team final Belle Vue 12th July

As usual, a very good meeting at the NSS..

The Poles are in a different league with their lads racing week in week out against the worlds best. Under proper pressure for their place in their teams too which focuses the mind somewhat i would suggest which resonates in their performances'..

GB was 'the best of the rest' with Lambert and Bewley showing that over the next five years they are 'up there' to compete at that very high level..

As we know, U21 stardom isn't a guarantee of World success..

Let's just let the lads develop without expectation and see where it takes them..

In Leon Flint I do think we have a genuine talent..

6 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Same as the old world cup- 16 programmed heats 4 nominated heats, Jokers and tac subs

Thanks for that 

Very enjoyable meeting though the Aussie were much better value than their final total .didnt know a lot about Thompson or Cook before   were impressive Imo.Bickley really needs to get some speed into his riding ,very stylish but does not venture of inside lines.Polish fans are amazing towards their Team and livened up the meeting and atmosphere. All the riders gave their all though.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Poland in a different league.

Not if they missed the gate, which didn't happen very often admittedly. But the Poles look as slow as anyone else when they don't gate.

14 minutes ago, Col said:

Not if they missed the gate, which didn't happen very often admittedly. But the Poles look as slow as anyone else when they don't gate.

That’s why they are in a different league,they don’t miss the gate when it matters, think they took their foot of the gas when the got their 10 pt lead and Lambert had his joker ride over.

• Like 1

Excellent meeting, Poland are streets ahead at the moment, but I believe we can close the gap over the next 2-4 seasons. Polish fans were fantastic and made the atmosphere all the better.

Wish we could have that every match.

• Like 2

Great meeting and a decent crowd with a good atmosphere.

• Like 1

Expected more from Bewley. It was if their were three levels of rider. Lambert was exceptional.

Kemp was almost Ok but far too slow, Bickley never looked like scoring. Kemp must have had a great view of a couple of good races.  Flint looked better than both & is certainly brave.

Of the Poles, Drabik was the only one savvy enough to deal with traffic. Lampart was a level below the other 3.  On a par with the 4 Danes, Lidsey & Bewley.

6 hours ago, Col said:

I don't think that's correct. True, most of the time they hit the starts but when they didn't they were perfectly capable of getting past their opponents. It was only in the last few heats - when they had won - that they took their foot of the pedal. Reading updates merely confirms my view. 

I don't think Flint, Bickley or Kemp let anyone down and really got stuck in. Simply truth is they were out of the depth but it has to be remembered that Flint and Kemp are just 16. Lambert was absolutely imperious and Bewley battled hard, let down on occasion by his inconsistent gating and the need to battle through the pack. He nevertheless sealed points (that in the end made a big difference) on the final corner by a refusal to give in. Well done to them all. 

A word, to, for Neil Vatcher and the professionalism of the GB team. The race suits and bike covers with sponsors well to the fore were impressive.

Overall, a cracking meeting with some excellent racing. To echo Hyderd, the Polish fans were simply brilliant, all credit to them. It was a pity that there weren't a few more British ones because at £15 for 20 races this wasn't much dearer than a Colts match.

A final word for track curator Andy Meredith. A very sunny, hot day with a strong breeze down the track made absolutely no difference - as always -  to the quality of the strip. 

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I don't think that's correct. True, most of the time they hit the starts but when they didn't they were perfectly capable of getting past their opponents. It was only in the last few heats - when they had won - that they took their foot of the pedal. Reading updates merely confirms my view. 

I don't think Flint, Bickley or Kemp let anyone down and really got stuck in. Simply truth is they were out of the depth but it has to be remembered that Flint and Kemp are just 16. Lambert was absolutely imperious and Bewley battled hard, let down on occasion by his inconsistent gating and the need to battle through the pack. He nevertheless sealed points (that in the end made a big difference) on the final corner by a refusal to give in. Well done to them all. 

A word, to, for Neil Vatcher and the professionalism of the GB team. The race suits and bike covers with sponsors well to the fore were impressive.

Overall, a cracking meeting with some excellent racing. To echo Hyderd, the Polish fans were simply brilliant, all credit to them. It was a pity that there weren't a few more British ones because at £15 for 20 races this wasn't much dearer than a Colts match.

A final word for track curator Andy Meredith. A very sunny, hot day with a strong breeze down the track made absolutely no difference - as always -  to the quality of the strip. 

Re the last line- and always much more difficult when a full scale practice has been on the track hours before tapes up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Absolutely spot on as ever HT. Couldn’t come and find you unfortunately as we sat in the home straight stand in the end and shot off after heat 20. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Absolutely spot on as ever HT. Couldn’t come and find you unfortunately as we sat in the home straight stand in the end and shot off after heat 20. 

That's because you're one of them rich buggers. I was with the scruffbags in south stand :D

No worries :t:

• Haha 1

The real winner was the quality of the delayed live stream, which I personally would have paid for ( had the option been available  LIVE ). This is the dilemma facing UK speedway in that making paid live streaming of as many matches as possible to see if that can add to the overall income stream for each club. I would pay for a live streaming view of every match from the NSS. I would pay £5 - possibly more and I point out that I would not be a lost fan from the turnstile income as I have never been there and am very unlikely to watch live in the stadium ( due to several factors including transport the and overall costs ). Would this match have made the Pay Per View income viable ie 1,000 people or 5,000 people paying to watch? As there was a potentially global audience it could have been 25,000 paying fans ( or more ). The BSPA need to grasp the nettle on this ( yes I know this was not a BSPA event ) but the likely future of UK speedway is at least partially intertwined with PPV income. This delayed live stream, which I enjoyed, was worth me paying something for, had it been LIVE . What do other people feel?

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

The real winner was the quality of the delayed live stream, which I personally would have paid for ( had the option been available  LIVE ). This is the dilemma facing UK speedway in that making paid live streaming of as many matches as possible to see if that can add to the overall income stream for each club. I would pay for a live streaming view of every match from the NSS. I would pay £5 - possibly more and I point out that I would not be a lost fan from the turnstile income as I have never been there and am very unlikely to watch live in the stadium ( due to several factors including transport the and overall costs ). Would this match have made the Pay Per View income viable ie 1,000 people or 5,000 people paying to watch? As there was a potentially global audience it could have been 25,000 paying fans ( or more ). The BSPA need to grasp the nettle on this ( yes I know this was not a BSPA event ) but the likely future of UK speedway is at least partially intertwined with PPV income. This delayed live stream, which I enjoyed, was worth me paying something for, had it been LIVE . What do other people feel?

£5 too cheap, what would happen is locals would stop attending, would need to be around £10. Ice Hockey been doing this for several years now.

Way too expensive that. Many would watch the live streaming  if it is for free, but hardly anyone would pay for it.