British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
a4poster

Disabled & Enablers.

Do any tracks offer disabled people who need an Enabler/Carer free admission for the person accompanying them providing they have proof of the higher rate care component. I know many sports do and wondered what Speedway tracks do.

Feel free to add track names in this thread.

Edited by a4poster

Pretty sure Newcastle has always allowed the Carer in for free, when accompanying a disabled person who needs a Carer.

Kings Lynn used to but then stopped it. No idea of the current situation.

Surely it's illegal to not allow a disabled supporter who requires an assistant to not allow the assistant free entry. As the assistant is only there to aid the person who wishes to attend

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. The tracks that we are thinking of visiting are:

Plymouth, Swindon, Somerset, Poole & Birmingham.

12 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Surely it's illegal to not allow a disabled supporter who requires an assistant to not allow the assistant free entry. As the assistant is only there to aid the person who wishes to attend

For what it’s worth I think Triple.H is correct. Football has a criteria that has to be met before an Enabler/Carer is allowed entry - that is fine, but can you try explaining this to someone who operates a turnstile at Speedway?

31 minutes ago, a4poster said:

For what it’s worth I think Triple.H is correct. Football has a criteria that has to be met before an Enabler/Carer is allowed entry - that is fine, but can you try explaining this to someone who operates a turnstile at Speedway?

are you disabled or are you the enabler ?  are both of you speedway fans ?

Thanks for the reply.  I am disabled and a Speedway fan - the guy who would take me is more of a 'take it or leave it fan'.

20 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

When we opened up in 1997 I was faced with this problem pretty early on, as we had 2 disabled customers who were regular attenders. As well as trying to do the decent thing, lIke others have said, I also thought it was a legal requirement.  

On 5/17/2019 at 9:26 AM, a4poster said:

Swindon does you will need to go to the portacabin entrance at the far end and full out a small form....the carer will be allowed entry for free and the person in receipt of DLA/PIP will pay whatever there age dictates