British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Eastbourne , League , 17/5/19@19-30

Eastbourne really remind me of 1985 when they entered the second tier of British speedway, It took us half a year to build and from then on we dominated the league until we moved up to the top flight again.

The team is built to win and entertain at home with the hope that the top three can carry the side away from home with the hope of picking up the odd point here and there. It's very much a club that's building for a very bright future, give us a season and we will be both winning and even more entertaining on the road..

• Like 2

I think Connor Coles would be a good shout at reserve for the Tigers given his performance both on friday and at Arlington Saturday

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:57 AM, M.D said:

Eastbourne really remind me of 1985 when they entered the second tier of British speedway, It took us half a year to build and from then on we dominated the league until we moved up to the top flight again.

The team is built to win and entertain at home with the hope that the top three can carry the side away from home with the hope of picking up the odd point here and there. It's very much a club that's building for a very bright future, give us a season and we will be both winning and even more entertaining on the road..

I guess we all have fuzzy memories when we reminisce.  "Dominated the league until we moved up to the top flight again" you say.  Incorrect.  Granted that Eastbourne won the league in 1986 and 87, however they did not dominate until they returned to the top flight in 1991 - Eastbourne were 3rd in 1988 with 36 league points and well behind Hackney's 54 league points.  In 1989 Eastbourne were 7th, and in 1990 season Eastbourne were 11th in a 17 team 2nd tier league i.e. they were in the bottom half of the 2nd tier league.  Therefore they did not "dominate" the league until moving back to the top flight in 1991.

As regards the aspirational part, this is the case for all teams and certainly not unique to Eastbourne, though best of luck to them all the same.

• Haha 1