British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Argos

F.A.O. Phill Rising

Phill we as supporters are Sick to Death of being told lies by Promotors, Therefore could the Speedway Star please do your own investigation into tonight’s Fixture Cancellation at Birmingham, I have spoken to the Stadium, I have spoken to Dog Trainers and they have all confirmed there is no Electricity Problem at Perry Barr, Is it not your duty to look into this matter and inform us your customers your come ?

I have been a subscriber to the Star for many many years, So as a loyal customer please find out the truth of the matter, Maybe Lawrence Rogers is telling the Truth, Maybe not, but surely we deserve to find out, and your our only hope as the SCB don’t seem to care.

3 minutes ago, Argos said:

Phill we as supporters are Sick to Death of being told lies by Promotors, Therefore could the Speedway Star please do your own investigation into tonight’s Fixture Cancellation at Birmingham, I have spoken to the Stadium, I have spoken to Dog Trainers and they have all confirmed there is no Electricity Problem at Perry Barr, Is it not your duty to look into this matter and inform us your customers your come ?

I have been a subscriber to the Star for many many years, So as a loyal customer please find out the truth of the matter, Maybe Lawrence Rogers is telling the Truth, Maybe not, but surely we deserve to find out, and your our only hope as the SCB don’t seem to care.

to start it makes no sense and it is not his duty he is an editor of a speedway magazine not the FBI

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, homer said:

to start it makes no sense and it is not his duty he is an editor of a speedway magazine not the FBI

He's not even editor of the Speedway Star ... although he used to be. Why isn't the OP demanding the same investigation from the Birmingham Mail?

29 minutes ago, Argos said:

If you dont mind me asking what trainers have you spoke too ?

Excuse my ignorance but who is Phil Rising ? 

Not sure you can Rogers for this one.

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

36 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

He's not even editor of the Speedway Star ... although he used to be. Why isn't the OP demanding the same investigation from the Birmingham Mail?

i stand corrected but if the SCB are not interested this is dead in the water 

This has all the hallmarks of a promotion losing money and looking to quit. Had this with my team in 2018. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, uk_martin said:

My guess as to what'll happen...

download.jpg.02360120839d08d91eb02e5b6158cb3b.jpg

We won't be able to get through the door soon. That carpet will be nearer the celing than the floor!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shadders said:

This has all the hallmarks of a promotion losing money and looking to quit. Had this with my team in 2018. 

Not sure I agree with this statement?

I think it's the promoters using common sense and not wasting money by putting on an expensive farce ? (No fans turning up due to a very weakened team)

If they were thinking of quitting, then why make 2 (positive)team changes so early in the season?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GiveusaB said:

Not sure I agree with this statement?

I think it's the promoters using common sense and not wasting money by putting on an expensive farce ? (No fans turning up due to a very weakened team)

If they were thinking of quitting, then why make 2 (positive)team changes so early in the season?

I hope you’re right and I’m wrong 

• Like 1

Thought about this issue quite a lot and it looks like this:

Birmingham see they have very weak team.

Realise numbers of supporters will be well down

Deduces they will lose money

Decides to find reason to pull the meeting

Does so.

Really, you can understand why they took the decision but not the way they went about it. 

However, not the first nor the last to do such a thing.

15 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Thought about this issue quite a lot and it looks like this:

Birmingham see they have very weak team.

Realise numbers of supporters will be well down

Deduces they will lose money

Decides to find reason to pull the meeting

Does so.

Really, you can understand why they took the decision but not the way they went about it. 

However, not the first nor the last to do such a thing.

EXACTLY!

We then have to hear about unhappy so called supporters who want the management/promotion punished for an obvious business decision?

We're already in a financially difficult situation with low attendances and rising costs etc....so why try and put another nail in the future of another speedway club???

Beggars belief!

The decision to postpone the meeting didn't affect anyone........everybody had advanced notice?

It's the so called vigilante supporters who will close another track down, not the 'common sense' of a benevolent promotional speedway operation!

Call yourself speedway fans ??? maybe be just an envious Coventry supporter ???

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 1

This is OTT

However, IF The Promotion had come out and told the truth, they would have a far more conciliatory hearing and understanding from supporters of Birmingham and other Clubs.

This made up baloney is the issue, not the postponement itself.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, HGould said:

This is OTT

However, IF The Promotion had come out and told the truth, they would have a far more conciliatory hearing and understanding from supporters of Birmingham and other Clubs.

This made up baloney is the issue, not the postponement itself.

I think we've already gone over this part?

If they'd called it off for a so called 'weakened' team, then they'd have surely been fined or at the very least reprimanded ? (i.e official meetings/hearings, costing time/money)

It's starting to get boring now .....

12 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I think we've already gone over this part?

If they'd called it off for a so called 'weakened' team, then they'd have surely been fined or at the very least reprimanded ? (i.e official meetings/hearings, costing time/money)

It's starting to get boring now .....

The truth is always the right way and we have been fed a load of bull.

If you are happy to call the truth boring then that's up to you.

As a lifelong Brummie supporter and regular home and away I am not happy with being fobbed off, I prefer the truth, and I will make my feelings known to the Promotion in a polite but firm manner when I get the chance.

• Like 3