British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Argos

F.A.O. Phill Rising

The only surprise is that new promoters, who promised a different way of doing things, make the same mistakes ( perhaps knowingly ) as so many before them. Hiding behind dubious excuses that might prove to be lies, is the way to erode whatever support you have gathered to date. Tell the whole truth, tell it promptly and fully and you may well avoid the worst of the fallout. Going the other way is to enter a storm of criticism.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HGould said:

The truth is always the right way and we have been fed a load of bull.

If you are happy to call the truth boring then that's up to you.

As a lifelong Brummie supporter and regular home and away I am not happy with being fobbed off, I prefer the truth, and I will make my feelings known to the Promotion in a polite but firm manner when I get the chance.

Correct sir , 

If they are worried about losing cash fair enough but do not treat us loyal fans who go everyweek like idiots. A little bit of respect please.

Oh and i will bet you Argos the person who started the thread with some bold statements will NOT answer my previously asked question ? Why you ask ? its because he has spoke to no such trainers at Perry Barr he has made it up . He will probably say he does not want to reveal there identity . 

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

EXACTLY!

We then have to hear about unhappy so called supporters who want the management/promotion punished for an obvious business decision?

We're already in a financially difficult situation with low attendances and rising costs etc....so why try and put another nail in the future of another speedway club???

Beggars belief!

The decision to postpone the meeting didn't affect anyone........everybody had advanced notice?

It's the so called vigilante supporters who will close another track down, not the 'common sense' of a benevolent promotional speedway operation!

Call yourself speedway fans ??? maybe be just an envious Coventry supporter ???

Love the term 'vigilante supporters'................

These scenarios are bein create by the riders  just using  and abusing any clubs that they can get a meeting  from.GB is low on their priority.Its not the riders fault but the failure of BSpA to address the rider problems being created.Any rider that can’t commit to GB fixtures should be told where to go IMO.Every season SAME PROBLEMS.

• Like 1

It is hardly the place of the Speedway Star, or the BSPA, or the SCB, to behave like a silly woman on BSF, and assume, without the slightest evidence, that a promoter is lying.

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

The only surprise is that new promoters, who promised a different way of doing things, make the same mistakes ( perhaps knowingly ) as so many before them. Hiding behind dubious excuses that might prove to be lies, is the way to erode whatever support you have gathered to date. Tell the whole truth, tell it promptly and fully and you may well avoid the worst of the fallout. Going the other way is to enter a storm of criticism.

Correct

• Like 1

4 hours ago, *JJ said:

It is hardly the place of the Speedway Star, or the BSPA, or the SCB, to behave like a silly woman on BSF, and assume, without the slightest evidence, that a promoter is lying.

Honestly

Being a "Tad" misogynistic there mind JJ aren't we?

As this is predominantly a male run sport why are they not behaving "like a silly man"? and I appreciate the post was started by a female which is beside the point as a woman can behave like a silly man? can't they?

May be if there were a few more women in the sport at the top end (management committee) (or as promoters) it may be run more professionally rather than "like a select little boys club" as it appears to be being run at present; as believe me there are just as many "Silly Men" out there as there are "Silly Women" if not more!!! Sheffield and Somerset for two have women promoters (formally Workington as well) who have more common sense and integrity than many of their male counterparts doing the same role that is for sure...

Whoever starts a post male or female if they believe they have a valid point, question or query how ever daft you may feel it is we surely need to respect? defend? their right to put over that question not deride them?  

Regards
THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Missed out word
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

These scenarios are bein create by the riders  just using  and abusing any clubs that they can get a meeting  from.GB is low on their priority.Its not the riders fault but the failure of BSpA to address the rider problems being created.Any rider that can’t commit to GB fixtures should be told where to go IMO.Every season SAME PROBLEMS.

A similar scenario, tonight , in the Premiership. It was agreed to change our race nights, from last year, to Monday & Thursday this year. Tuesday is for Sweden. Tonight, it was agreed that a Swedish fixture has priority over our Premiership Supporters Cup. So obviously, our PSC is a "mickey mouse" league & not justified to have priority on our race night.

I would agree with those who say the promotion should have told the truth but BSPA rules mean the truth gets you a fine and lying does not. Now work out what is best for the promotion! 

46 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

I would agree with those who say the promotion should have told the truth but BSPA rules mean the truth gets you a fine and lying does not. Now work out what is best for the promotion! 

With a potential inquest to follow and fans who will refuse to line the pockets of promotors who treat their own fans as idiots, I would of settled for telling the truth and the fine.

Better still, how about signing Adam so his first meeting in Birmingham colours he could actually attend?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, *JJ said:

"Like a silly woman " go on explain this ? showing yourself up for exactly what you are .How embarrassing. 

9 minutes ago, Najjer said:

With a potential inquest to follow and fans who will refuse to line the pockets of promotors who treat their own fans as idiots, I would of settled for telling the truth and the fine.

Better still, how about signing Adam so his first meeting in Birmingham colours he could actually attend?

http://www.birmingham-speedway.com/news.php?extend.2804

8th May meeting, Birmingham v Berwick, was rained off

1 hour ago, Chris116 said:

Well, it depends which club you are.

When Belle Vue (under a previous promotion) fabricated a burst water pipe because Zagar had missed his flight, they got hauled over the coals, hit with a massive fine, and weren't allowed to call another meeting off for 2 years without SCB permission.

Now that Birmingham have done the same and fabricated a "electrical fault" because Adam Ellis was missing, will they suffer the same punishment from the SCB?

(Although there is a precedent that when Poole did the same thing they got away scot-free.)

But not sure why this thread is titled "F.A.O. Phil Rising",  surely it should be "F.A.O. Neil Vatcher"?   He's the one you should all be addressing your concerns to.

Edited by CottonOn