British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Argos

F.A.O. Phill Rising

3 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Can someone please explain to me who exactly Phil Rising is ?

The major shareholder and director of Pinegen Ltd who publish "Speedway Star".

5 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

EXACTLY!

We then have to hear about unhappy so called supporters who want the management/promotion punished for an obvious business decision?

We're already in a financially difficult situation with low attendances and rising costs etc....so why try and put another nail in the future of another speedway club???

Beggars belief!

The decision to postpone the meeting didn't affect anyone........everybody had advanced notice?

It's the so called vigilante supporters who will close another track down, not the 'common sense' of a benevolent promotional speedway operation!

Call yourself speedway fans ??? maybe be just an envious Coventry supporter ???

Wonder somebody has said they booked an hotel and couldn't get a refund!

HGould is right - tell it like it is --- could have sold it as David v Goliath meeting.

However, I know why speedway has this rule but it does need reflecting on. A NL guest for a No 1 is harsh. May be a guest to missing rider's average  -5% instead of +5% as it is for home meetings might be more reasonable.

Richard great idea let’s add another rule into the manual. As if there ain’t enough already 

6 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

EXACTLY!

The decision to postpone the meeting didn't affect anyone........everybody had advanced notice?

Affected Ulrich Ostergaard who committed to his UK club and declined a potential Danish booking!     #justsaying  

8 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

..., not the first nor the last to do such a thing.

A suitable epitaph to adorn the tombstone of the sport. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, semion said:

Richard great idea let’s add another rule into the manual. As if there ain’t enough already 

This would not be an addition, just a substitution, tactical or not,

8 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Can someone please explain to me who exactly Phil Rising is ?

He used to be the editor of the Speedway Star magazine 

12 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

EXACTLY!

We then have to hear about unhappy so called supporters who want the management/promotion punished for an obvious business decision?

We're already in a financially difficult situation with low attendances and rising costs etc....so why try and put another nail in the future of another speedway club???

Beggars belief!

It's the so called vigilante supporters who will close another track down, not the 'common sense' of a benevolent promotional speedway operation!

Seems Mr argos likes to stir the s##t,and wait for a reaction,mocked Workington demise with derogatory remarks, clearly not a speedway fan

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, gregory peck said:

Seems Mr argos likes to stir the s##t,and wait for a reaction,mocked Workington demise with derogatory remarks, clearly not a speedway fan

I’ve been a Speedway fan for over 30 years, not supporting any particular Team, Just loving the sport, but not anymore, I just couldn’t take any more of the lies and nonsense that as taken over the sport.

As for Workington I stand by my post 100%, Speedway at Workington is finished and will not return, In my view 

Re my question to the Speedway Star, The current situation at Birmingham is typical of the current state of Speedway, We all know the reason last nights meeting was cancelled was because Mr Ellis was riding in Denmark, (he did very well scoring 9 points)

There was nothing wrong with the Electric's at Birmingham, as confirmed to me by the  Stadium, Supporters should be told the truth, the SCB/BSPA will do nothing,  or should it be just brushed under the carpet, In my view the Press should look into this for the fans.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Argos said:

I’ve been a Speedway fan for over 30 years, not supporting any particular Team, Just loving the sport, but not anymore, I just couldn’t take any more of the lies and nonsense that as taken over the sport.

As for Workington I stand by my post 100%, Speedway at Workington is finished and will not return, In my view 

Re my question to the Speedway Star, The current situation at Birmingham is typical of the current state of Speedway, We all know the reason last nights meeting was cancelled was because Mr Ellis was riding in Denmark, (he did very well scoring 9 points)

There was nothing wrong with the Electric's at Birmingham, as confirmed to me by the  Stadium, Supporters should be told the truth, the SCB/BSPA will do nothing,  or should it be just brushed under the carpet, In my view the Press should look into this for the fans.

:rolleyes: there's always one !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Argos said:

This is the third time i have asked you WHO ARE THESE TRAINERS YOU HAVE CLAIMED TO OF SPOKE TO ???   

10 hours ago, Argos said:

Who exactly at the stadium confirmed this then ?  

You Argos are a complete liar and have zero substance to back up your claims.

You may be correct but you are guessing you have spoke to absolutely no one.

This thread is more to have another dig at Lawrence Rogers (who i am no fan of) who we know you hate. But this decision has nothing to do with him it would be in no way his call to make . 

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

This is the third time i have asked you WHO ARE THESE TRAINERS YOU HAVE CLAIMED TO OF SPOKE TO ???   

one was called nike , one was called adidas and a local lad called new balance . .

i think the poster was talking dog poo . ProudtobeaBrummie .. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Taylorj said:

:rolleyes: there's always one !!

as long as its just one ...:icon_smile_clown: