British Speedway Forum
Shadders

Berwick vs Sheffield... 18th May

Bandits start their Championship campaign this Saturday Early weather forecasts suggest rain all morning and into the early afternoon. Hopefully the track covers are down. 

Early attendances haven’t looked great apart from the Glasgow and Edinburgh meetings. Hopefully the warmer weather will bring a few more in, but without a significant away support I’m concerned that the plug may be pulled before the season is out. 

It doesn’t help that they’re going against the first GP of the season, which will no doubt affect the attendance.

Hopefully I’m way off, especially with the team starting the season off in decent form with a final to look forward to. 

Edited by Shadders
Misspelled

2 hours ago, Shadders said:

Bandits start their Championship campaign this Saturday Early weather forecasts suggest rain all morning and into the early afternoon. Hopefully the track covers are down. 

Early attendances haven’t looked great apart from the Glasgow and Edinburgh meetings. Hopefully the warmer weather will bring a few more in, but without a significant away support I’m concerned that the plug may be pulled before the season is out. 

It doesn’t help that they’re going against the first GP of the season, which will no doubt affect the attendance.

Hopefully I’m way off, especially with the team starting the season off in decent form with a final to look forward to. 

Football match on so no covers 

4 hours ago, Shadders said:

Football on so no track covers i think

5 hours ago, Shadders said:

Negative thinking that the plug will be pulled, why has that entered your head? is there any evidence to support such a statement?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

Berwick at home to cove in there play off second leg, looking to turn around a 4 nil defeat from the first leg.

4 hours ago, Normski said:

Football match on so no covers 

2 hours ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

4-0 down, why bother?

1 hour ago, penchev said:

Negative thinking that the plug will be pulled, why has that entered your head? is there any evidence to support such a statement?

Nope, just instinct and experience, having lost the team I supported for 33 years due to financial difficulties 

Well, on the positive side, in 51 years of half a dozen promotions the only time the Bandits have failed to complete their league programme was the result of direct action by the-then Edinburgh owner (Parker) and not the promotion's willingness to go the distance. 

1 hour ago, Shadders said:

Nope, just instinct and experience, having lost the team I supported for 33 years due to financial difficulties 

Money always an issue

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Well, on the positive side, in 51 years of half a dozen promotions the only time the Bandits have failed to complete their league programme was the result of direct action by the-then Edinburgh owner (Parker) and not the promotion's willingness to go the distance. 

Yip 1981 Barrow, Workington, Glasgow were all used as we tried to keep going plus Newcastle for Cup Final against Edinburgh.

Those of us who bought season tickets will be pretty cheesed off if the club pull the plug, though this rumour can be put to bed quite easily by a quick press release.

As others have said not the greatest forecast for part of Saturday, lets hope we get some racing especially I can only see a home win and a great way to start our Championship season.

• Like 1

Berwick

1 Aaron Summers

2 Kevin Doolan

3 Jye Etheridge

4 Danny Gappmaier

5 NB Jacobsen

6 Coty Garcia

7 Leon Flint

Sheffield

1 Danny King

2 Kasper Anderson

3 Ty Proctor

4 Drew Kemp

5 Kyle Howarth

6 Broc Nicol

7 Zaine Kennedy

Tomorrow nights likely teams.

Could be bad news for Berwick but the Danish semi final which was due to be held in Brovst tonight has been cancelled, I haven't seen any re-arrangement announcement but if its held over until tomorrow that will full out NB Jacobsen for Berwick. 

I have just had a look in the car park.

It looks like Monks Rally are taking up more space than they did last year.