British Speedway Forum
Shadders

Berwick vs Sheffield... 18th May

There is always the Trading Estate to park in is there not? Then walk through the footpath coming out near Pits gate to stadium   Might be better option or could parking go on the field above B and G

Any news about NBJ? 

1 minute ago, Bandit59 said:

Any news about NBJ? 

It will all depend on when the Brovst meeting will be re-arranged for, I haven't seen anything to say it is being held over until tonight so lets hope that Jacobsen makes it to Berwick.

Current Met Office forecast is possible light rain around 7pm, getting heavier as the evening continues. Difficult decision for the promoters. Risk starting the meeting with the possibility of an abandonment, or call it off early. No covers down, so the track will be heavy. 

Edited by Shadders

Depends what forecast you go by. Berwick has a forecast of its own at times.

weather (2).jpg

14 minutes ago, Normski said:

Depends what forecast you go by. Berwick has a forecast of its own at times.

weather (2).jpg

Yeah, I’ve learned that since moving up here!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Any news about NBJ? 

well Joanne Howe posted on Facebook that she had set off for Berwick with bikes on board so ....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

well Joanne Howe posted on Facebook that she had set off for Berwick with bikes on board so ....

Maybe Joanne is guesting. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Canny bit of management from Sheffield in heat 7. Proctor suffering the effects of the incident in heat 3 & Sheffield 6 points behind use a TS with a higher averaged rider( could of been King but Howarth used) instead of declaring him injured & IRR comes in to play using any one below him in the averages.

15 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Canny bit of management from Sheffield in heat 7. Proctor suffering the effects of the incident in heat 3 & Sheffield 6 points behind use a TS with a higher averaged rider( could of been King but Howarth used) instead of declaring him injured & IRR comes in to play using any one below him in the averages.

Who could have been replaced by Howarth as a TS ride anyway, so nothing to comment out really

True, but I have seen this scenario a couple of times this year. As I said, canny management of your team & riders being on the ball.

1 minute ago, crescent girl said:

Stewart Dickson the t/m for Tigers tonight? 

Yes.

Probably the least enjoyable meeting of the season so far, mainly due to the stop start nature to the meeting but fair play to Sheffield who thoroughly deserved their point especially when you consider they were down to five riders for part of the meeting. Dont know about others but I thought the crowd was very poor tonight, take away the kids who were getting in free and there weren't many there at all, coolish night, SGP, Eurovision song contest, no consistent fixtures  etc may have kept some away but crowds will need to increase.