British Speedway Forum
GreenLightGo

Photographers in British Speedway

I was appalled to learn of some disgusting behaviour of a group of speedway photographers against a 17yr old kid. At Glasgow we have a young man learning his trade and producing some fantastic stuff. He has been subject to an appalling bullying campaign by jealous photographers who are subjecting him to a hate campaign. They were recently busted by someone who screen shotted their WhatsApp group.

The guys in question are the Leicester photographer, the Edinburgh photographer and 2 from Belle Vue. 

I appalled to say that 2 from Glasgow are also involved.

i understand that this is being investigated by the BSPA. 

Personally I will no longer be purchasing any pictures from these guys until I see a public apology.

i suggest you do too. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

Taylor is producing some cracking shots and has the support of many riders.  Some of these older photographers just don't like a young gun stepping on their patch.  

• Like 3

He’s a nice kid. Always pleasant when I see him. If these other photographers are jealous of him and his work perhaps they need to give it up. They have accused him of not originating his own work saying it’s his fathers! They’ve developed their own hashtag on twitter #amow (all my own work) as a bitchy dig at the kid. These ‘men’  by the way are 50+ years old! Times change and move on - Speedway Photographry has too and it’s about the youth. The old guys need to go off and do something else if they can’t hack it. 

I just hope this bullying doesn’t have any adverse effects on the boy. As a pensioner myself I love to see youth prosper and wish him all the best. 

• Like 8

There may be others I haven't seen but I know that Craig Cook is being very supportive of Taylor on Twitter and Instagram. Good to see and typical of Craig.

Those photographers involved in the disgusting behaviour should be ashamed of themselves. It says a lot about them and about the quality of Taylor's work if they're jealous of the competition.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 5

Given the service his family have given to speedway, it is very sad.    Especially so if (as the opening post suggests) Glasgow-based snappers are involved, as their club has benefitted greatly from the family involvement for years.      

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aces51 said:

There may be others I haven't seen but I know that Craig Cook is being very supportive of Taylor on Twitter and Instagram. Good to see and typical of Craig.

Those photographers involved in the disgusting behaviour should be ashamed of themselves. It says a lot about them and the quality of Taylor's work if they're jealous of the competition.

I totally agree. He must be doing something right if he’s scaring them! I do hope the promoters at Leicester, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Belle Vue take action here. Bullying cannot be tolerated in our sport in any level. 

• Like 2

Totally unacceptable behaviour BUT why is this in the Premiership section and not the Championship section when three of the 4 apparent culprits are from Championship clubs?  Just asking....!

12 minutes ago, GreenLightGo said:

I totally agree. He must be doing something right if he’s scaring them! I do hope the promoters at Leicester, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Belle Vue take action here. Bullying cannot be tolerated in our sport in any level. 

While I dont condone bullying at all. No place for it anywhere.  And I dont condone what the photographers did. And they should be ashamed of themselves about getting jealous of a 17 year old kid who is doing great things. 

But this is not bullying. All they done was have a bitch about another photographer in private. That as unfortunately for them found it's way into the public eye. I'm sure everyone has bitched about someone behind there back in your work place or private life. I wouldn't class that as bullying

it starts out like that Phil, but gets far worse, trust me

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

it starts out like that Phil, but gets far worse, trust me

No doubt it does. But when it starts getting public then it forms into bullying. That was just my point 

I understand it has gone way past bitchy comments behind his back. It’s serious enough to be discussed at the BSPA.

i am very surprised at our 2. One is an active member in the supporters group.

In this day and age, bullying cannot be tolerated and hopefully we will see action taken against the people concerned.

I think whoever is doing the BSPA media is to blame in all this for using Taylor's photos ALL of the time. Yes, new kid on the block, lovely, good boy etc, but why is ALL his stuff being used, has he got monopoly or is it a case of who you know not what you know lol

2 minutes ago, Trees said:

I think whoever is doing the BSPA media is to blame in all this for using Taylor's photos ALL of the time. Yes, new kid on the block, lovely, good boy etc, but why is ALL his stuff being used, has he got monopoly or is it a case of who you know not what you know lol

Could be that his stuff is just so much better. It seemed good enough for the Daily Star last week and I’m sure they have a high bar. 

Not sure how you can excuse trolling and bullying behaviour from grown men based on their pictures not being used. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Trees said:

It will all be down to the young lad taking his photos and getting them sorted fast and sent to BSPA. His photos get their first.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GreenLightGo said:

Could be that his stuff is just so much better. It seemed good enough for the Daily Star last week and I’m sure they have a high bar. 

Not sure how you can excuse trolling and bullying behaviour from grown men based on their pictures not being used. 

Not excusing it, more suggesting why some of the others are feeling it maybe ....