British Speedway Forum
GreenLightGo

Photographers in British Speedway

9 minutes ago, stevehone said:

it certainly isn't a "UK wide Speedway Photographers WhatsApp group", just a clique

Thank you Steve. I sense that you know a lot more and you are distancing yourself.

love your stuff by the way - you’re obviously not up here but I see your stuff posted and it’s bang on. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GreenLightGo said:

Thanks Ian. I have no problem giving you some personal info as I have nothing to hide. My name is Robert Robb and I live close to Dumbarton. Been a Tigers fan for a long time. Thanks for the offer of a personal chat but I’m not sure how that helps inform others as to what’s happening.

pleased you have owned up to the #amow and whilst you are doing your best to mitigate it as ‘silly’ - it’s really rather sinister and bullying. Especially when a good number of you are in on it.

You are not an employee of Glasgow Speedway so this idea of formal introduction is a bit of a nonsense. If a new photographer appears then they have been cleared by the promotion - why then do they need your permission? 

BTW Phil Lanning HAS mentioned your name and I don’t blame him not taking your calls. But why call him when he’s there at the same time as you? 

Personally speaking you seem to be self justifying your actions and those of others when I think a public apology to the laddie is overdue.

i get the feeling you feel validated in your actions and you were ‘simply trying to help’

i think a lot of people think otherwise Ian 

Bob

Thanks Bob for coming out from behind the shadows

Could you please point me in the direction of the post where my name was mentioned as it would be could you keep a copy of this should it be required.

As for the public apology would you do this for something you have not done as I pointed out in my first post I have never bullied Taylor Lanning if my name has been mentioned by Phil then it is him who should be issuing the public apology.

As for the formal introduction thing I was brought up to do this by parents so it is how I conduct my working life

As for the bit of me helping Taylor out and to what level this was done I really don't think you are able to comment as you were not there.

Ian 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, snapper said:

Thanks Bob for coming out from behind the shadows

Could you please point me in the direction of the post where my name was mentioned as it would be could you keep a copy of this should it be required.

As for the public apology would you do this for something you have not done as I pointed out in my first post I have never bullied Taylor Lanning if my name has been mentioned by Phil then it is him who should be issuing the public apology.

As for the formal introduction thing I was brought up to do this by parents so it is how I conduct my working life

As for the bit of me helping Taylor out and to what level this was done I really don't think you are able to comment as you were not there.

Ian 

I don’t think you get it at all. The #amow is putting the laddie down isn’t it?

Apologies if I don’t act as your researcher - have a look yourself. 

In the topic of the ‘formal introduction’ you keep referring to it in a work context - it isn’t. It’s a glorified hobby isn’t it?! Let’s not kid ourselves it’s anything more. I can’t imagine anyone’s making money at all. 

it looks like we’ll have to agree to disagree Ian. You think you are entirely blameless and it was a huge misunderstanding. Not much point in debating any further. 

Thanks

Bob 

• Like 1

Sorry Bob 

You did not point me in the direction of the post naming me could you please as I am sure my legal advisors would like to see it

The hash tag is not directed to Taylor in any way it stood for All My Own Work my work not his so I am not sure how it "puts the laddie down"

As for work context of a formal introduction having done it for many years I do see it as a vocation so if I want to treat it as a job I can as I think I am good at it and I am sure some folk are making money out of it but again I was brought up not to discuss anyone wages unless it is in a union negotiation 

Again I was not involved in any bullying so I am not sure what I can be blamed for.  By the way better look for another form of entertainment for your grand kids as tonights Glasgow meeting has been called off.

Ian

Edited by snapper

Were ALL the photos published as being Taylor’s work actually taken by Taylor? 

3 minutes ago, ouch said:

Were ALL the photos published as being Taylor’s work actually taken by Taylor? 

No. Every digital photograph has a fingerprint called EXIF data this shows the camera serial number that took the photo the time and all the settings using this data it is very easy to prove that multiple cameras are being used at the same time.

Edited by snapper

This has become more open to a wider audience since green light go created his profile just to highlight the situation. 

You have to wonder who has something to gain out of a this becoming public, who made it public and if they regret doing so now that more details are coming out ? 

Seeing now that he’s been credited with some work that wasn’t his AMOW isn’t bullying, it’s claiming what’s rightfully yours 

• Like 8

As I said it is weird. As someone else compared a 17 year old being able to ride. What if that 17 year old got someone else to ride for him? It has happened before that one brother has replaced another without permission and then got banned. This seems unfair practice as well

Edited by iris123

If Taylor feels isolated by this group of photographers then yeah it can be regarded as bullying. Tbh at school any sort of name calling is regarded as bullying. I think the 'adults' involved need to remember how old they are and start acting like it! 

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If Taylor feels isolated by this group of photographers then yeah it can be regarded as bullying. Tbh at school any sort of name calling is regarded as bullying. I think the 'adults' involved need to remember how old they are and start acting like it! 

Isn’t it though ok to call a teacher or a workmate names in a ‘private group’ ? I thought there have been a few cases that have come to the conclusion you could be in trouble if it is on an open site but not in a private group? Not that it is anything other than immature to do so, mind

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

We better hope the speedway referees don't start calling us all bullies all the abuse they get on here 

I have only skim read this thread but I'm wondering if this would have all blown up if the lad's name was Taylor Bloggs. From what I've read it seems that some think he has gained an advantage from his connections (no idea if this right or not) and it's escalated from there. 

For what it's worth from what  I've seen the young lad takes decent photos.

IMHO it's bullying if the subject of the comments can see them or is told about them.

Not sure the best idea is to have it out on a public forum or even social media for that matter. It has nowt to do with us. 

In the meantime I'm grabbing my popcorn

• Like 4

5 hours ago, snapper said:

Sorry Bob 

You did not point me in the direction of the post naming me could you please as I am sure my legal advisors would like to see it

The hash tag is not directed to Taylor in any way it stood for All My Own Work my work not his so I am not sure how it "puts the laddie down"

I think your name was in a post i made referencing the hashtag on twitter thing rather than the bullying but maybe it was mentioned by someone else.. i assume it's somewhere on the early pages of this thread. 

The exif data thing you refer to is quite valid as i'm familiar with it -  tho a bit sad that anyone should be checking out such intricate detail unless they were actually looking to cause an issue no ?

Taylor takes great pictures so I have to ask why did the Lannings put work out under his name that wasn’t his?