British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Slovenian GP 01/06

43 minutes ago, mickthemuppet said:

in the practice laps Kevin Tatum says the riders are taking this very seriously. Is that why 6 riders are not there. 

I wonder if this will be the end of this idea being televised

Those 6 riders are making money in poland today.

38 minutes ago, Zenit said:

Those 6 riders are making money in poland today.

And the reason is there is much more money  to be earned in Poland that any GP

Me, but only on catch up. No interest in ant football, dullest sport ever. 

19 minutes ago, mickthemuppet said:

And the reason is there is much more money  to be earned in Poland that any GP

BUT a great deal of their sponsorship comes on the back of the GPs.

1 hour ago, mickthemuppet said:

in the practice laps Kevin Tatum says the riders are taking this very seriously. Is that why 6 riders are not there. 

I wonder if this will be the end of this idea being televised

Can't see it lasting long......Totally embarrassing listening to Tatum and Pearson trying to talk up this boring, worthless crap.  I DID enjoy the rider interviews though...........NOT!    

Absolute waste of time in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, ragdoll64 said:

Can't see it lasting long......Totally embarrassing listening to Tatum and Pearson trying to talk up this boring, worthless crap.  I DID enjoy the rider interviews though...........NOT!    

Absolute waste of time in my opinion. 

With all 16 at qualifying in Prague it should be less hanging about and more interesting.

30 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

With all 16 at qualifying in Prague it should be less hanging about and more interesting.

You can let me know R&R......'cause I sure won't be watching this meaningless nonsense again......

When is the result of qualifying expected?

Thought it was still going on as Torun v Gorzow got underway. Had been checking the SGP site between heats expecting results to appear. Laguta quickest, the Lindback & Madsen. Lindgren the slowest if the regulars who attended. #1 is reasonable draw for Lambert considering. Always out on a fresh track, reasonable time between heats.

I watched again but remain unconvinced that it has any substantial bearing on what happens in the following GP. Perhaps Zagar summed it up correctly. Until we see a rider or two actually gain an advantage from being in the top few of qualifying, it remains as not adding much value. It just gives riders a chance to say "I am happy with the track" - even though they are likely far from so and the gating fest it provides! The only added value is if a GP point was given to the fastest qualifier. 

I think the lack of practice / qualifying will impact Woffinden tonight. Wasn't getting out of the gate very well last night in Wroclaw and with unfavorable grids today could be tough night.

I think for some riders qualifying will prove to be very important. Dudek who is probably best gater in world has got 2 x grid 2s with the wildcard and Lambert inside him. So in effect he's more or less got 3 grid ones. Probably make the same case for Laguta who again relies on his gate so qualifying for him I expect is a big deal

So, we have Dudek probably best gater in the world, Laguta up there with him, add Madsen and Hancock - stick them in the same race and it could be a real bun fight in the first corner.

I think Polish speedway authorites are spoiling speedway. There should be no top class speedway the night before a world GP anywhere. Riders deserve to be able to put in the max effort to win the world championship, the pinnacle of any sport.

• Like 5