British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Slovenian GP 01/06

1 minute ago, OveFundinFan said:

But Tai put the blame on FIM making qualifying a competition.

That wasn`t how i heard it- he just is annoyed that some have practised the day before whilst others haven`t- so without saying it he is pi$$ed off having to be in Poland the day before the GP. When Friday night`s were being suggested for the polish Extraleague the riders should have as one said, not on GP weekends you`re not- but they bottled it, which is the same as the FIM have done !!!!!

Deserved winner in Zmarzlik but bloody poor gp overall imo.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Deserved winner in Zmarzlik but bloody poor gp overall imo.

Just about worth missing the first 30 mins of the football, only just though.

Dreadful track, mainly follow the leader racing, and a referee who needs to go to specsavers! My one eyed cat could spot those jump starts. Oh well, on to the next one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bunce said:

Dreadful track, mainly follow the leader racing, and a referee who needs to go to specsavers! My one eyed cat could spot those jump starts. Oh well, on to the next one.

Totally agree. I took few years to get rid of jim lawrence and we got mr. ackroyd

8 minutes ago, brandonmole said:

Never thought much of Craig Ackroyd as a referee but now his eyes are going he's going to be even worse.

Should be on the specsavers adverts lol

• Like 1

Really enjoyed that.  Some of the best racing ive seen for many years .

• Like 1

Woffy s got to up his game this year. The titles going smarzliks way if he avoids those back wheels 

8 hours ago, CB252 said:

We've got Olsen taking quarter of a million quid to put a track down, and I'm sure countless others, getting fat off the series when it should be the riders earning the money.  Riders in years gone by like Harris and Cook have had to pay through the nose to ride in the series and it's just ridiculous.  I don't care if a rider is last in every round, he shouldn't be paying to ride in the World Championship.

What ever Olsen gets he deserves. If he gets what you say, fine. But I suspect that includes the lot, its NOT his salary.

In all honesty, it's REALLY easy to get in to the SGP. You need to finish in the top3 in the challenge and that's its. It's not about spending money, its about succeeding in the sport. Its not like Lance Stroll or others in F1 where they buy their rides, in speedway its about the sport. Finish in the top3 in the challenge and you're in.

And for your last sentence I kind of agree but then again don't. Does every Motogp rider or F1 rider get paid? Or have they bought their way to get n...

Must admit I'm not a big fan of Tai because I think he should be riding in his home country and promoting speedway here. There's not many top riders over the years who don't ride in their home league. But pre season, Tai was all "I'm streets ahead of everyone else" and "All I have to do is bring my A game and I'll walk it" and "It doesn't matter if I miss the gate, I can overtake the others at will." I think perhaps his over confidence has caught him out and after 2 GPs he hasn't won a race and sits outside the top 8. He may not be feeling quite so cocky tonight. 

20 minutes ago, Mark said:

Really enjoyed that.  Some of the best racing ive seen for many years .

What! There were some good races, but most of it was dire.

It doesn't help when ta tum and pears on make up there own rules on the starts and, there favourite, first bend bunching and people assume they must be right cos they are getting paid to offer a professional commentary 

21 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

What ever Olsen gets he deserves. If he gets what you say, fine. But I suspect that includes the lot, its NOT his salary.

In all honesty, it's REALLY easy to get in to the SGP. You need to finish in the top3 in the challenge and that's its. It's not about spending money, its about succeeding in the sport. Its not like Lance Stroll or others in F1 where they buy their rides, in speedway its about the sport. Finish in the top3 in the challenge and you're in.

And for your last sentence I kind of agree but then again don't. Does every Motogp rider or F1 rider get paid? Or have they bought their way to get n...

You need to spend money to succeed in the sport having top equipment what do you think that grows on fkn trees?