British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Belle Vue v King’s Lynn 16/05/19

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Woffy said on the screen last week,   'you only need a couple of laps to get the bike sorted',   How come the Stars  needed  4 races???   No doubt Lambert knew his advice was wrong  after his first ride.    Why didn.t they change it then? . 

I think Schroek  is just  trying to justify their lame performance last night.  but In truth the team put up a terrible display,  on that is regarded as the best track in the country.  2 riders scored 22  of the 36pts,  whereas the other 5 could only muster 14 points between them .    That says everything.    

Instead of always blowing sunshine up their arses,  I think its about time  the riders were told the truth.    Either perform on a regular basis or get someone else who will. 

The Stars team was never strong enough to be in contention,   but we expected better performances then we are getting.......

God's gift to British speedway didn't get his set up right from the start of the SoN if I remember!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Do they use the same setup at Lynn as Robert, I doubt it co's all engines have are different , compression, fly,wheels, cam ect, it's not rocket science, 

• Like 1

The fact is that the Stars were a two man team and no team can win league points away if only two riders are performing. The only heat winners for the Stars were Lambert, Palm-Toft and Proctor and they only managed 4 between them. 

Nonetheless, it was a very entertaining meeting with plenty of passing and close racing. 

Quality entertainment irrespective of the score.

We are so lucky to have the NSS as our home track.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trees said:

After heat 5 we only lost the meeting by 2 points, that's worth repeating!  

That's irrelevant , we lost by a huge margin...   Kerr and TJ never beat an opponent  the whole meeting,  and Proctor, Riss and Andersen only managed to do it in one race apiece.    So if you want to keep repeating something,  how about repeating that....  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trees said:

How was it different, slicker? 

"Last week it was the track over watered. This week the track was the sickest I've ever seen it. Demanded by the riders.  And incidentally it was the best racing we have seen this year. Slicker the better"

There's my answer .....

It was much slicker and from about the 7th race all the dirt was up by the boards.

Apart from heat 2 and heat 4 I think, every heat had a pass and you could use all the track, inside and out.

The NSS rides so much better when it’s slick with just enough dirt on the outside to be able to use it. When it’s like that it evens up the whole track and you can go as quick on the inside as you can on the outside and that makes for great racing.

I just hope they leave it now and prep like that every week because the start of this season has been poor in terms or racing until last night.

4 hours ago, g13webb said:

That's irrelevant , we lost by a huge margin...   Kerr and TJ never beat an opponent  the whole meeting,  and Proctor, Riss and Andersen only managed to do it in one race apiece.    So if you want to keep repeating something,  how about repeating that....  

Why should Trees have to repeat that, there's already a couple on here who repeat all the negative points about Lynn and nothing else. Even if sometimes it is little white lies. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, g13webb said:

They ballsed up, does that really need repeating .... yeah they should all have THE perfect set up from the off, why the feck don't they? It's obviously harder than we think, do you know why?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, acef said:

It was much slicker and from about the 7th race all the dirt was up by the boards.

Apart from heat 2 and heat 4 I think, every heat had a pass and you could use all the track, inside and out.

The NSS rides so much better when it’s slick with just enough dirt on the outside to be able to use it. When it’s like that it evens up the whole track and you can go as quick on the inside as you can on the outside and that makes for great racing.

I just hope they leave it now and prep like that every week because the start of this season has been poor in terms or racing until last night.

But wasn't it grippy for the SoN because of all the rain the day before and that morning?

The NSS has always produced much better racing when slick.  The most obvious example was the World Team Cup race off and final.  For the race off it was grippy,  Iversen set the track record,  racing was fast but processional.  For the final on the following night it was slick, race times were slower but the quality of the racing was superb. 

As Acef said, it is best slick but with enough dirt on the outside to be useable. 

Edited by Aces51

4 hours ago, Trees said:

They ballsed up, does that really need repeating .... yeah they should all have THE perfect set up from the off, why the feck don't they? It's obviously harder than we think, do you know why?

If that's what happened, then yes....   I have never seen the point of glossing over the bad issues.   Much prefer for people to say it like it is.  

Nobody said it was easy,  but its part and parcel of the game they choose to be in.    I always thought that was the idea of the track walk  …... 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, g13webb said:

If that's what happened, then yes....   I have never seen the point of glossing over the bad issues.   Much prefer for people to say it like it is.  

Nobody said it was easy,  but its part and parcel of the game they choose to be in.    I always thought that was the idea of the track walk  …... 

It seems likely from what little we know ( and we are always told very little ) that the team went for Lambo's set up from the SoN. As locals have recently explained about the track providing better racing when slick, the track walk should have given some vital feedback to all of them. I agree with Webbo that we have to tell it like it is because the default position is invariably " with our bouncebackability, all will be well next time". So far this season our bouncebackability seems near zero. But to tell it like it isn't, we could be gearing up to do a Poole and nick it in the playoffs.

13 hours ago, g13webb said:

A track walk will only give you a rough idea.I have seen many a top rider get it wrong from the off,and no doubt so have you.It's what you do after initially getting it wrong.But again you can sometimes chase your set up all night without much success.

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

A track walk will only give you a rough idea.I have seen many a top rider get it wrong from the off,and no doubt so have you.It's what you do after initially getting it wrong.But again you can sometimes chase your set up all night without much success.

We usually get there an hour before the first heat and always see both teams doing their track walk and checking out the gate positions.

Then, usually about a half hour later the tractors and water truck are out ,and the gate positions are relaid/torn up/whatever.

My point being that the track potentially changes between the track walk and heat one anyway.