British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
justathought

Edinburgh V Leicester 17/5/19

EDINBURGH boss Alex Harkess expects a tough test when Championship leaders Leicester visit Armadale tonight (Friday).

The Monarchs start their own league campaign against a Lions side who won at Eastbourne in their last outing.

Leicester welcome back Ryan Douglas and Josh Bates from recent injury absences, whilst Danny Phillips guests at reserve for Jack Thomas who is out with a dislocated shoulder.

Harkess said: “Leicester certainly appears to be one of the top teams in our league from early fixtures. 

“We just have to prove to them what we are capable of, it's up to us.”

Lions skipper Scott Nicholls said: “Everyone is riding with a lot of determination and motivation, and it’s a case of keeping that going for the whole season.

“Ellis (Perks) has gone down to reserve, and what’s really good is that whatever happens we’ll have a decent rider down there as long as they maintain their form, and that’s going to be key.”

EDINBURGH: Ricky Wells, Justin Sedgmen, Josh Pickering, Joel Andersson, Cameron Heeps, William Lawson, Luke Ruddick.
LEICESTER: Scott Nicholls, Connor Mountain, Josh Bates, Ryan Douglas, Richie Worrall, Danny Phillips, Ellis Perks. 

59 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Edinburgh by 10

a tight 10 @ that .  lee ces ter R the team of the moment , along with redcar ,berwick. 

OHH ,  to have a tankful of fuel ! 

Think it will be close tonight but can’t see us winning this one I’m afraid.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Think it will be close tonight but can’t see us winning this one I’m afraid.

Not if you ride the same as you did against us. 

away win but not by much and samd at brough on sunday 

What is it with 1point wins and 4 man teams? 

Monarchs got out of jail on that one tonight,self destruct Lions,Bates is liability on a bike, and why they took out Douglas and left Bates on Scott’s tac sub is a mystery to me.Still can only blame themselves for defeat.Not a great match  but Heeps deserves credit for Splitting Nicol’s/ Worrell team ride in heat 13.Scott was sheer class.

I just thought that the TS in heat 7 was a strange choice. No argument in using Scotty, he was obviously on fire. But Ryan was far from the weakest Leicester rider on show, even at that point in proceedings. You have one shot. Use it well. And if you lose by 1 point, expect some clever hindsight analysis. 

So,  I'm not pretending to be clever. But I do think Scott could have been used better and who knows, we could have won.

Edited by False dawn
  • Like 1

Got away with that one a bit, still happily take the 3 points. 

Feel like we’re one rider away from having a decent side imo.

Edited by Mr Blobby

19 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Got away with that one a bit, still happily take the 3 points. 

Feel like we’re one rider away from having a decent side imo.

Can't have 8 riders unfair advantage, thought somebody in your position would know this.;)

You have well and truly flabbered my gasted.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1