British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne v Glasgow (League) 18/5/19

8 minutes ago, HGould said:

not that positive as its just sensible I think, focus on what you can still win and make changes when you can to target those matches, what any sensible football manager would do, whether eastbourne management have the brains to do that I'm a lot less sure as they seem too loyal to lakeside and eastbourne and british riders, respect that but they need to be more clinical. 

So that's a negative about being thought of being  positive then. :unsure:

When Craig Cook was excluded from Heat 15 for a tapes offence, he was replaced by a reserve.... and a guest at that. With the best will in the world, it seemed to me that there were at least 3 other Glasgow team membes who might have stood a better chance of beating the Eastbourne pair and, possibly, securing a 4 point away win. Was the replacement by a reserve the only available option? Could not Craig Cook have started from 15 metres? Or couldn't Rasmus, Claus or Kyle been used? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Tapeworm said:

When Craig Cook was excluded from Heat 15 for a tapes offence, he was replaced by a reserve.... and a guest at that. With the best will in the world, it seemed to me that there were at least 3 other Glasgow team membes who might have stood a better chance of beating the Eastbourne pair and, possibly, securing a 4 point away win. Was the replacement by a reserve the only available option? Could not Craig Cook have started from 15 metres? Or couldn't Rasmus, Claus or Kyle been used? 

15.14 TOP SCORER’S HEAT (Heat 15 in SGBP, SGBC and ND League Competitions 15.14.1 Gate Positions are determined by the outcome of the Coin Toss at the start of the Meeting. 15.14.2 The Home Team Manager nominates first, but once nominated these cannot be amended, except by the Referee should the nomination not conform to the Regulations. 15.14.3 Nominations must be a ‘qualified’ Rider, as follows: - a) Any rider in the 1-5 by MA (subject to them not already having taken 7 rides) b) a reserve (6th and 7 th by MA) who is in the top 3 point scorers (including bonus points) from their programmed rides (subject to them not already having taken 7 rides). If a rider is disqualified for an offence under Art. 15.3 a Team Manager may choose either of the following options: - i) the disqualified rider can start on a 15 m handicap in positions c or d (the opposing team does not change gate positions) ii) is replaced by a reserve who will start from the same gate position at the tapes (subject to not having already taken 7 rides). For a 2 nd offence the rider will be disqualified with no replacement permitted. NB: If a qualified rider is withdrawn or has no equipment the Team Manager must nominate another qualified rider. In a re-run of heat 15 a non-disqualified rider who is unable to take part may be replaced by a reserve or another ‘qualified’ ride

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tapeworm said:

Had to be a reserve for a tapes offence . But with the meeting already won , why risk Craig off 15metres ? 

42 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Had to be a reserve for a tapes offence . But with the meeting already won , why risk Craig off 15metres ? 

Because a 1-5 or 2-4 would have given us a 4 point away win instead of a 3 point one. According to R&R's post, it didn't have to be a reserve. Of course, I don't know whether or not Craig (and his bike) was prepared to have a go off 15 m in a re-run.

8 hours ago, Tapeworm said:

Because a 1-5 or 2-4 would have given us a 4 point away win instead of a 3 point one. According to R&R's post, it didn't have to be a reserve. Of course, I don't know whether or not Craig (and his bike) was prepared to have a go off 15 m in a re-run.

After the Tom B accident and the hours delay, i guess the riders and the fans just wanted to go home. I know i felt that way. The crash knocked the stuffing out of everyone.

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

After the Tom B accident and the hours delay, i guess the riders and the fans just wanted to go home. I know i felt that way. The crash knocked the stuffing out of everyone.

Dead right, We left as soon as we knew that Tom was not as bad as I feared.  He is a lovely lad and emotion was very high so we did not fancy seeing any more..  

As predicted, Kyle has been signed as a temporary replacement.