British Speedway Forum
allthegearbutnaeidea

Sheffield v Berwick 19/5/19

Well that was an interesting one. 

Curious to know how long Proctor is going to be out for ?

Zaine was missed today

Drew is amazing but needs to be back down at reserve.

Kasper Andersen - Saw a post on the updates forum suggesting he could well be on the move if scores dont pick up.

Crowd level and overall atmosphere was bleak too.

Good point away from home , cancels out last nights result

• Like 1

Berwick got off to a great start a may just have been looking at an away win but very welcome points on the road. Delighted to see Danny Gappmaier in the big points, one or two suggested earlier in the season that he should be dropped so its great for him to give the perfect answer, hopefully we will see points from him now on a regular bases.

Bandits starting to shock a few with their results . well done to the Berwick riders . Sheffield .. looking like a hot and cold season for the men of steel who are now made of plastic . . but at least you have speedway !  :wub:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jenga said:

Bandits starting to shock a few with their results . well done to the Berwick riders . Sheffield .. looking like a hot and cold season for the men of steel who are now made of plastic . . but at least you have speedway !  :wub:

That was an unexpected point most welcome 

• Like 1

well done to tigers for coming from 8 point down but on speedway updates it was mentioned that the crowd was woeful and more atmosphere at a tiddlywinks contest.i do think that changing to a sunday raceday certainly hasn't helped the situation as was mentioned on the updates about some sheffield supporters now going to watch scunthorpe because of this change.this,coupled with the obvious lack of entertainment racing wise at sheffield is a recipe for disaster.a lot of people have also had their regular viewing spot removed with the building alterations.plus,unless you sit in the panorama room or restaurant to view the racing, there is nowhere to sit outside either when many other tracks do at least have a stand.this ,coupled with the lowering of the points limit meaning most 1,3,and 5,s arn,t even true heat leaders is not a good sign.plus ,and i know that this has always been the case in speedway, can you possibly travel ,in some cases, miles to a meeting only for it to be called off last minute or a few hours before, especially when going with children.take sheffields match at glasgow as a fine example, pounds in petrol and food costs wasted and possibly stay overs because the meeting is called off.speedway at championship level at a lot of tracks is definitely on the decline.i haven't been once this season after many many years of watching speedway and if i,m brutally honest,havn,t really missed it and have saved myself some money into the bargain.the change of raceday killed it for me.i shall attend the pairs and cardiff because this was pre booked but unless i visit scunthorpe the odd occasion for better racing then sadly speedway will be no more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, screm said:

Berwick got off to a great start a may just have been looking at an away win but very welcome points on the road. Delighted to see Danny Gappmaier in the big points, one or two suggested earlier in the season that he should be dropped so its great for him to give the perfect answer, hopefully we will see points from him now on a regular bases.

1 hour ago, screm said:

Danny likes big fast tracks is why he is still at Berwick.If you see him at small technical tracks he looks like a junior ,he is doing the job he was brought in to do.:t:

• Like 1

After the bad start today I think we did well to recover.We had to overcome the bad luck early but managed to turn it round .Heaps was a good guest for Ty and probably scored more than Ty but Greaves scored less than Zaine probably would have.We still need to get consistency throughout the team and need to get Kasper firing.Well done to to our lads for the recovery but well done Berwick on their deserved point.

49 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Danny likes big fast tracks is why he is still at Berwick.If you see him at small technical tracks he looks like a junior ,he is doing the job he was brought in to do.:t:

Another reason he’s safe is because he’s a Berwick asset, so no loan fee to pay. 

• Like 2

Another week of little entertainment, three passes I counted if you take away the ones caused by riders making mistakes.

I don't think its Sundays that's the problem but the track.

however well done for recovering from the bad start and getting a win

Edited by The Third Man
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

3 rides at Eastbourne next Saturday then 

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, The Third Man said:

Another week of little entertainment, three passes I counted if you take away the ones caused by riders making mistakes.

I don't think its Sundays that's the problem but the track.

however well done for recovering from the bad start and getting a win

To be fair, it was the rain that did for the track conditions  yesterday, it only looked rideable rather than raceable most of the time, borne out by the winning times which were a couple of seconds slower than usual.   But then again there would have been complaints had it been rained off at such short notice, or abandoned. 

Danny King rode a real number one's race in Heat 15 to seal the win, which we (Tigers fans, at any rate!) were all grateful for after the horrific start.  We had six of one and half a dozen of the other with the guests, mind, Cameron Heeps was excellent, but although I don't doubt for a minute that Nathan Greaves tries hard, we missed Zaine down at reserve. 

22 hours ago, Shadders said:

3 rides at Eastbourne next Saturday then 

Deffo