British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Wolves 20th May

46 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Tough one to call here ,i feel Bates is a very good choice of guest albeit probably wont score what Jake would of.

prediction 48-42  

You would think he is a good guest,,, but hasn't exactly been scoring well for his champ team lately and Allen is our top averaging rider so far this season 

Edited by Baldyman

3 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

Hopefully Kevin will be taking his own lollipops given how many of the massif may not be there tonight!

Yeah I wouldn't bother visiting them tonight 

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Must admit I’ve thought twice about it! Can understand those that have BT sport staying at home. 

I’m expecting a poor crowd tonight I don’t think they’ve done enough with this golden ticket thing. Needed to do more IMO. 

They have put it on social media so potentially millions could turn up as they all know about it ( or could do if they clicked pn the right link ). In fact, it reaches more than a billion. Staggeringly awesome marketing when you think about it.

11 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

They have put it on social media so potentially millions could turn up as they all know about it ( or could do if they clicked pn the right link ). In fact, it reaches more than a billion. Staggeringly awesome marketing when you think about it.

Do you seriously think there will be any more there than normal? 

• Haha 1

Bates last three scores have been 3, 1, 0. I fancy Cam could be a busy boy tonight against a very solid looking Wolves team ...

• Sad 1

Maybe he's saving his best bikes and performance to showcase himself on TV. 

As far as crowd is concerned I really do hope it holds up for them, I've said on other threads season ticket holders will be there as it would be a waste not to go. 

For me it would be my 3rd live speedway meeting in 5 days and I don't get paid till Friday so I'm saving the £18. 

Horrible to watch these TV meetings in a away. The crowds  usually look almost non existent on camera :(

And I cringe when Kelv says " We've got a good crowd in tonight Nige " :unsure:

Hope the fans that do go, make some noise :t:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Horrible to watch these TV meetings in a away. The crowds  usually look almost non existent on camera :(

And I cringe when Kelv says " We've got a good crowd in tonight Nige " :unsure:

Hope the fans that do go, make some noise :t:

That's why most clubs reduce the  of a TV meeting,, and since Foxhall has a large capacity it looks even worse than other tracks. 

And normally the cameras face the way there isn't anybody 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

I'd be reasonably happy if we got a point tonight, we're still not at full strength yet and R/R is never ideal. I know Allan is missing, so it should be closer that it would have been otherwise. Not sure if Becker has ridden Foxhall, so might take him a ride or two to adapt. 48-42. 

3 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Back in Ipswich and now dry

Where have you been, swimming?

• Haha 1

I believe you have to look at these meetings in the best interest of Ipswich Speedway, our sponsors but also the wider sport in GB. Ipswich Witches are in the spotlight - we should be incentivising people to attend with substantially lower admission rate (£10) and not the willy wonka golden ticket idea. Crowds have been really good this season but I fear it could be well short tonight.... Lets hope not and better still hope for an exciting meeting to get the crowd back next week.

8 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Where have you been, swimming?

Working in Essex.... when I left Ipswich it was hammering it down.... Back now and it's warm and sun trying to come out :wink:

7 minutes ago, Bezza said:

I believe you have to look at these meetings in the best interest of Ipswich Speedway, our sponsors but also the wider sport in GB. Ipswich Witches are in the spotlight - we should be incentivising people to attend with substantially lower admission rate (£10) and not the willy wonka golden ticket idea. Crowds have been really good this season but I fear it could be well short tonight.... Lets hope not and better still hope for an exciting meeting to get the crowd back next week.

Makes it worse that all the other clubs do it.,,but then again we never bothered with incentives when we were last on TV. 

I would imagine speedway needs it's fans more than the fans need speedway at the moment