British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Wolves 20th May

16 minutes ago, Bezza said:

I believe you have to look at these meetings in the best interest of Ipswich Speedway, our sponsors but also the wider sport in GB. Ipswich Witches are in the spotlight - we should be incentivising people to attend with substantially lower admission rate (£10) and not the willy wonka golden ticket idea. Crowds have been really good this season but I fear it could be well short tonight.... Lets hope not and better still hope for an exciting meeting to get the crowd back next week.

That's the thing... Ipswich rode Thursday and now tonight. So some sort of inventive was needed especially with tonight's on tv. A work mate had seen the last BT meeting when Swindon did a deal on admission and assumed the Witches would do the same. Attracting a newbie with £10 entry would make sense. Instead he will stay at home and watch for "free". An opportunity missed. Attract him and a few like him and next time when it is full price they will pop along. 

Even the Season ticket holders I've spoken to feel that they must go tonight or lose out ... 

I just hope the money from BT covers the loss from the missing few that won't part with £18 but would have been happy to pay a reduction....  surely 10 regulars paying £100 is better than none of those paying at all....

Personally I, like 6 friends were in Poland for GP at the weekend so being on BT has done us a Massif favour... but hey we not real fans :rolleyes:

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 1

You can go down your local and ask them to switch on BT Sport and spend £18 on beer.

The club have known for weeks about this meeting, simply posting on social media doesn't mean it reaches millions instantly but good social media marketing would reach alot of people locally.

Posting a tweet and expecting retweeted only really hit the same fans week in week out, should have invested a few hundred notes from the BT post and done a big campaign to get people in for £10 and if it attracts new fans in who knows they might come back for a few meetings later

Missed opportunity 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Missed opportunity 

The problem is not that promoters / the BSPA / Buster Chapman miss so many opportunities, the problem is that they don't see those opportunities.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

but hey we not real fans :rolleyes:

Of course you aren't "real fans" they buy a season ticket AND pay in cash every home match because they bleed for their club and Buster adores "real fans" like that. Sadly "real fans" are an endangered species in UK speedway, in fact, they are on the way to being extinct.

As others have said, once again, those running the sport in this country have shown that they haven't got a bloody clue.

20 years of TV coverage now and STILL they haven't grasped how to use it to market the sport.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, BWitcher said:

As others have said, once again, those running the sport in this country have shown that they haven't got a bloody clue.

20 years of TV coverage now and STILL they haven't grasped how to use it to market the sport.

The last few TV meeting's Swindon have had offered reductions....The other week it was 2-4-1 if you bought in advance. We've also charged a £5 before.

Question as to why no deal has been offered is who made that decision, Buster or Chris Louis? Whoever it was I feel is rather short sighted with the potential of getting more people in than usual for the cameras and for future meetings. 

I just think they've missed an opportunity here that just maybe could cost them in the future, but it is only my opinion of course. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So what is Josh Bates official average for the Premier league this season?I thought it was going to be his old average from the 2017 season,but it obviously isn't as that would have been well above Allens.So it has to be 4.67 or below.Could make him a bargain come the changes for teams that require them.

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

So what is Josh Bates official average for the Premier league this season?I thought it was going to be his old average from the 2017 season,but it obviously isn't as that would have been well above Allens.So it has to be 4.67 or below.Could make him a bargain come the changes for teams that require them.

Dont look much of a bargain when you look at his latest scores in the lower league 

2 hours ago, Crumpet77 said:

My usual party of five won't be going, everyone going round to the one person who has BT Sports. An offer may have got them at Foxhall, they were all expecting the ten pound offer often offered by other clubs for a televised meeting. 

Exactly what happening with us..... £10 deal (or similiar) and we would be there.... 

So thats 14 regulars not going.... £252 lost and counting. :blink:

Also there is none next week.... so much for weekly speedway.

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 2

Ouch... The crowd :(. Hope we get some good racing.