British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Wolves 20th May

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Not for me. We do need to make this change though. We’re so close to having a real go and it would be shame to waste it because we didn’t act when needed. 

Someone said previously that Heeps and Allen will remain at reserve a while longer, but that’s not going to be the case long term. We simply can’t lose that reserve advantage because I don’t see Bellego being as potent as those two down there. 

We have a little break now, a change MUST be made if we’re serious about having a real good go. 

I think the way Allen is going he could net you 6 or 7 in the team. Bellego should do 7 from 4 rides at reserve. ?

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

I think the way Allen is going he could net you 6 or 7 in the team. Bellego should do 7 from 4 rides at reserve. ?

Not on what we’re currently seeing no - doesn’t look anywhere near, got to go while his average is still north of 6

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

He can't beat anyone now including reserves,,, so how you work that out,,,, he isn't good enough full stop,, waste of 6 ppints

1 minute ago, 89buttons said:

Not on what we’re currently seeing no - doesn’t look anywhere near, got to go while his average is still north of 6

Totally agree but can’t see too many options?

5 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

He should average more at reserve than he did in Swindon's 1-5. I have read he ain't to good at Foxhall? But I suspect he ain't doing it away either. Huge drop in form, but I think his starting average was on the high side to start with...

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

He can't beat anyone now including reserves,,, so how you work that out,,,, he isn't good enough full stop,, waste of 6 ppints

Chill ya beans .See my post above ^^^ 

Shouldn't have been in the team to start with on that average on our track,,,, just don't get it,,,

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

He should average more at reserve than he did in Swindon's 1-5. I have read he ain't to good at Foxhall? But I suspect he ain't doing it away either. Huge drop in form, but I think his starting average was on the high side to start with...

Luke Becker has never been to Foxhall before and bellego didn’t look like getting near him! In theory yes he’d do better at reserve but to be honest he’s not doing the business home or away and we should look to some other riders that may be worth a punt, it cannot get worse than 0!!

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Totally agree but can’t see too many options?

No there doesn’t appear to be many obvious options- at a glance of the championship averages the picks for me would be maybe Ryan Douglas, Josh Auty, Jason Garrity? None are gonna pull up trees but all ride Foxhall fairly well and would likely soon be at reserve.

i would be doing everything I could to get Craig cook in for Harris as well

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

He only rode one track well, and that was Swindon’s big open track which he loved. They’ve even shortened that now and he didn’t like it the other week!

His Away form has always been rubbish. He has a 6-7 point average solely due to scoring heavily on the old Swindon track. 

He’s a weak link and it could end up costing us a successful season if we don’t act before his average drops. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

If witches removed Harris and Bellego

Is there room for Cookie plus Pickering or Garrity? 

Yes, Plenty

1 minute ago, Falcon1983 said:

If witches removed Harris and Bellego

Is there room for Cookie plus Pickering or Garrity? 

That's exactly the way to go,,, both out,, both no good at Foxhall at this level,   Cook and quite a few fit.  Garrity was one,,, think sedgeman may be another,, and others that would score more than the other two put together 

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

That's exactly the way to go,,, both out,, both no good at Foxhall at this level,   Cook and quite a few fit.  Garrity was one,,, think sedgeman may be another,, and others that would score more than the other two put together 

You were doing so well Baldy and then mentioned the S word :lol:

• Haha 1