1 minute ago, Falcon1983 said:

The one he took schlein on the last bend 

A fall and 2 lasts,,,,, didn't pass anyone

2 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Not according to Kelvin and Nigel...

Obviously fooled falcon too

38 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Obviously fooled falcon too

Perhaps the meeting hit the 60 min mark just as that race finished so he didn't stick around to hear the commentators correct themselves.

Well we got by just as I predicted it would be tight 

Nice to see Shovlar actively talking bollox and trolling as he does.....let me know when Poole are near the top of the league 

Bellego just has to go along with Harris

We was a 4 man team tonight and obvious that with Allen we would have won comfortably 

Bates can’t turn a bike

Why was Harris in heat 15? Should have been the unbeaten KP

Still we are top of the league .... will take that 

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Possibly wants to stick it up Wolves after his time with them.

He was demotivated last season for both his teams, he was lucky he didn’t get the sack from both teams. This year a completely different rider. Applied, professional and fit. It’s there for all to see this season. Promised so much early on and achieved little since. Maybe this year will be his breakthrough year. 

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

Bellego did ride well in one heat tonight though in all fairness

No he didn’t, he was stone last in all 3 heats.

great point for the boys with plenty of fight.

With Allen in the team it probably wouldn’t have been as close so we got lucky on that one.

why Harris was in heat 15 is baffling, the explanation by Hawkins was odd too. King and Heeps or Pieszczek only deserved consideration.

still, we will take that point. Onwards and upwards.

Another ‘new’ shaped track to feature on TV that hasn’t shown the great racing we would expect. The dirt line was way too deep and also slick inside in the first half which was dreadful. At least it got better in the 2nd half.

Edited by stevebrum
Missing word

Think it was a big missed opportunity by Wolves in all honesty Steve. We made numerous errors early doors and were missing our key rider. When Wolves kept getting their noses in front I thought that was that. 

Any away point is good, but I’m sure most Wolves supporters would have seen this one as a missed opportunity. 

• Like 2

Why do people have to be smart arses? Just explain to Falcon that the race where "Bellego" came from the back wasn't him. He was replaced by Heeps, but the commentators didn't notice.

I thought it was Bellego at the time, too. They said it was, after all.

2 hours ago, Grachan said:

Why do people have to be smart arses? Just explain to Falcon that the race where "Bellego" came from the back wasn't him. He was replaced by Heeps, but the commentators didn't notice.

I wasn’t being smart when querying this comment, I was at the meeting not watching on tv so had no idea of the commentary cock up! Sounds about right for Tatum and Pearson tho!! :rolleyes:

Wolves away form repeats itself yet again.

# Home team weakened.

# Home team gift us points.

# Opposition Team Manager has a brain fade.

# We find a way to lose.

6 hours ago, Gavan said:

Well we got by just as I predicted it would be tight 

Nice to see Shovlar actively talking bollox and trolling as he does.....let me know when Poole are near the top of the league 

Bellego just has to go along with Harris

We was a 4 man team tonight and obvious that with Allen we would have won comfortably 

Bates can’t turn a bike

Why was Harris in heat 15? Should have been the unbeaten KP

Still we are top of the league .... will take that 

Harris was in heat 15 because Hawkins doesn't know what he is doing. Say what you like about Middlo but he wouldn't of done that. Allen was a big miss tonight but the plus for Ipswich was KP who rode much better than he did against Poole. 

3 hours ago, Grachan said:

To be fair I was trying to be smart lol I thought it was Bellego until the camera zoomed in and say no.6 with heeps on the back, I did think to myself during the race that Bellego seems determined.....

BWitcher you need to get over yourself with my comment about in an ideal world speedway would be £10 and a meeting over in around 60 minutes, I do have other interests in life, If i can travel from work to foxhall, get there for the parade 7.30 and be in my car ready to turn left out of foxhall by 9pm, happy days

If my comment about speedway should be 60 minutes has offended you then perhaps you shouldn't be allowed on the internet 

• Like 1

Hawkins came across as, well it would be impolite to say it as it appeared to me. Hopefully, he has a better relationship with his riders and an understanding of the sport than he has with the media. At the very least some help with that seems necessary.

And sadly this meeting I can only rate as 5/10 and was a poor advert for UK speedway. Even Tatum & Pearson fell far below their usual almost impeccable selves. Not just with the errors but with downright lies replacing their usual spin on how wonderful it all was. They seemed quite disinterested at times, perhaps they were suffering from post G.P. blues?

If the Live matches are not going to rise about the Swindon match and this one it certainly wasn't worth Buster "saving" the PL for TV. The sport looked completely moribund and was raced in front of a crowd that looked like less than a 1,000 ( maybe far less ). Cannot see how any casual non-speedway fan who stumbled across the broadcast would consider rushing to their nearest track.

• Like 3