British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Wolves 20th May

So the witches need 3 changes to become league winners I think. 

Harris, Bellego, Hawkins,,,,, then job done 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Hawkins came across as, well it would be impolite to say it as it appeared to me. Hopefully, he has a better relationship with his riders and an understanding of the sport than he has with the media. At the very least some help with that seems necessary.

And sadly this meeting I can only rate as 5/10 and was a poor advert for UK speedway. Even Tatum & Pearson fell far below their usual almost impeccable selves. Not just with the errors but with downright lies replacing their usual spin on how wonderful it all was. They seemed quite disinterested at times, perhaps they were suffering from post G.P. blues?

If the Live matches are not going to rise about the Swindon match and this one it certainly wasn't worth Buster "saving" the PL for TV. The sport looked completely moribund and was raced in front of a crowd that looked like less than a 1,000 ( maybe far less ). Cannot see how any casual non-speedway fan who stumbled across the broadcast would consider rushing to their nearest track.

In sure it's one of the reasons the camera's only at Foxhall once,,,,, it's never looked good on TV,,, which is why we were always on less years ago to. 

It's not the only track that looks rubbish on TV,,, poole, kingslynn the same

Edited by Baldyman

I think what they need is proper shale, not top soil, seems that all 3 tracks that buster Chapman is involved in have all the same material coincidence.

• Like 2

I agree the first half of the meeting wasn’t great, but the track was clearly a factor early on. 

Second half of the meeting was pretty decent I thought. Couple of great races when Heeps missed the gate, and the Polish lad had a couple of great rides too. Looks a bit of a nutter mind!

Not sure a couple of the Wolves lads have him on their Christmas card list. 

Bellego clearly cant perform to the level that is required

Harris is just awful as a number one

And when you have Bates wobbling around and the other reserve flying then how on earth was Heeps not given 7 rides

Louis needs to look at the team manager situation. How does Heeps not get 7 rides and how on earth was Harris in heat 15. Had to be Heeps or KP, nobody would expect Harris to make it off of gate 4

Also cant believe i read that Lawson needs to go.... thats 3 home meetings on the spin he has won heat one.

Replace Harris and Bellego while we can and get a team manager who knows how to manage

• Like 2

Lawson is doing everything expected of him. He isn’t a Premiership heatleader and never has been. He’s a solid middle order 6 pointer and that’s exactly what we’re getting. 

Hes doing fine. 

8 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Think it was a big missed opportunity by Wolves in all honesty Steve. We made numerous errors early doors and were missing our key rider. When Wolves kept getting their noses in front I thought that was that. 

Any away point is good, but I’m sure most Wolves supporters would have seen this one as a missed opportunity. 

I agree, there will never be a better opportunity to get an away win particularly at Ippo. There is a good reason Ipswich are doing well and it’s not just because of Allen. They have a good balance and that shouldn’t be underestimated as well.

Bellego needs to go, totally out of his depth. He made the gate in heat 14 and was leading into bend 1 and rolled it off and entered the bend last where he remained. I thought I would check out the tv replay when I got home and it looked even worst. Have to agree that Lawson is doing his job, would've had more last night as he was leading heat 8 when Bates fell off and got blocked in the rerun.

I said after the Peterborough match that Hawkins hasn't got a clue and last night proved it again. Harris in heat 15 what a joke, should've been Heeps or KP.

As for Harris he is so hit & miss, he should be riding the lines Heeps uses, but just seems to ride in no mans land in the middle of the turns, just doesn't seem to have the pace.

Knew it would be a tight meeting and said I would take any victory as missing Jake was always going to affect our scoring. Good luck to Peterborough with Bates, doesn't look like the same rider who started the season on fire.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Bellego clearly cant perform to the level that is required

Harris is just awful as a number one

And when you have Bates wobbling around and the other reserve flying then how on earth was Heeps not given 7 rides

Louis needs to look at the team manager situation. How does Heeps not get 7 rides and how on earth was Harris in heat 15. Had to be Heeps or KP, nobody would expect Harris to make it off of gate 4

Also cant believe i read that Lawson needs to go.... thats 3 home meetings on the spin he has won heat one.

Replace Harris and Bellego while we can and get a team manager who knows how to manage

Strange one that with Harris. Maybe why the Poole management didn't keep him, despite his heroics last season?

We are currently top of the league and the management team need to act now if they have any designs on staying top 4.

Harris and Bellego must go and we need to do it while we can

Cook and would it be worth getting Ben Barker back? Just an option

We could let this good start go to waste if we dont do something

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

o get over yourself with my comment about in an ideal world speedway would be £10 and a meeting over in around 60 minutes, I do have other interests in life, If i can travel from work to foxhall, get there for the parade 7.30 and be in my car ready to turn left out of foxhall by 9pm, happy days

Why would I get over one of the most ridiculous, nonsensical comments ever made on this forum (and that is saying something).

You claimed you liked meetings done and dusted in 60 mins. I doubt you've ever been to one. Ever.

You're now trying to defend that lunacy by giving an 85 min meeting as an example.

With regards to Harris - he invariably starts the season off slowly and then finds his setups and is back on top form from about mid-season.  If you drop him - another team (most likely Poole) will benefit from his second half of the season improvement