British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Wolves 20th May

55 minutes ago, Bash said:

Thing is our team is built around strong reserves and we need to make changes before Cam & Jake move into the top 5 otherwise we could struggle  as we lose our scoring potential from reserve. Just because a riders goes to reserve doesn't mean he will suddenly start winning races.

Not sure when either reserve will get a new average and because it’s done on rolling averages they could stay in that position for quite a while longer.  Gone are the days when current form dictates a new average. New averages even have Bomber increasing his average! Go figure!

• Like 1

Heeps hasn't done many top league meetings altogether,,, so his should still be able to rise and drop quickly 

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Heeps hasn't done many top league meetings altogether,,, so his should still be able to rise and drop quickly 

You can be sure his 2018 matches with Wolves will have an affect on his rolling average currently too.

3 hours ago, Bash said:

Thing is our team is built around strong reserves and we need to make changes before Cam & Jake move into the top 5 otherwise we could struggle  as we lose our scoring potential from reserve. Just because a riders goes to reserve doesn't mean he will suddenly start winning races.

It mostly does.

Any of the Ipswich top 5 dropping to reserve would clean up.

Ipswich fans really need to get used to the fact that whomever ends up at No 1 is going to struggle in comparison.. and whoever is at 3 & 4 is going to score very well. 

Can you tell Bellego that, he is number 4 and hasn't been doing well.  

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

He's just pants then lol

Big track rider isn't he in the main?

He is meant to be,,, we shall see on TV on Monday.  Only really the showground and belle Vue you could class as big tracks in this division,,, scored 4 at the showground,, will maybe score more at Belle Vue 

Belle Vue is the only place I wouldn’t feel confident going

Harris ,Lawson, Heeps, Allen and KP don’t seem to go well at the NSS where as King and Bellego I’d be less worried about 

11 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Did good in Sweden on Tuesday, 9 points including 2 heat wins

3 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

3 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

It’s noticeable that the ‘ lesser’ riders are concentrate on abroad now,GB is just there ‘top up’ money.Best equipment will be there.

Reruns version of Monday’s BT sport meeting heat 9. 

Got the riders names right at least but poor work from the camera man who missed the crucial part of the whole race!

• Like 1

Is there any positives left in British speedway other than an exciting crop of youngsters in the system who will have no sport to race in, in the not too distant future?

Does anyone have a recording of the BT Sport coverage of this meeting that they could put on a dvd. 

Obviously I’ll pay for disc and postage. Anyone who could help please pm me. 

Thanks in advance jason

10 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Is there any positives left in British speedway other than an exciting crop of youngsters in the system who will have no sport to race in, in the not too distant future?

While reading the article in this week's speedway star regarding Harry Mcgurk, the same thought sprung immediately to mind.