British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

KL vs Poole Supporters cup Mon 20/05/19

2 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

FFS every topic now seems to end up with Gav and Lisa flirting. Just book a room and get it over with guys. 

I'm getting jealous again 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

When the averages change next month i would love Lynn to get Cook in for Proctor.They need to do something especially with Kerr going to reserve.

It would also be hard to pick between Kerr and Andersen who to drop too.I know it's only 4 away meetings done in the league but Andersen has put his average up about 3pts and Kerr 3pts in the opposite direction.Kerr is really struggling for Lynn at the moment.

Cant see Cook coming to any of Busters three sides. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, lynnboy said:

at Well after last nights gate and go once again I am finding it hard to want to go and watch Lynn nowadays. The racing is terrible, ok it looks quick but you can’t overtake on this track anymore. When a rider like lambert can’t overtake there is something wrong, but by looking at the crowd last night I’m not the only one who has had enough. got to be the worst crowd I have seen at Lynn for years. Get rid of the stupid mud shale which does not allow for good racing and put on some decent shale. Otherwise there will be more people in the pits than on the terraces ! Such a shame our Once great track has gone this way 

Poole were always regarded as the arch enemy and the attendance would reflect the intense rivalry between the two teams.   When you read comments, like the above, it really does highlight the dire situation that now exists at Saddlebow Road.     I now liken Buster similar to that of our  Prime Minister.   They're both  deaf and blind, so  ignoring all the comments from those around them.  We are fortunate Teresa May is coming to the and of her reign and will be eventually replaced.   With Buster, we aren't so lucky, he no doubt would rather  run the club in the ground than listen to the fans.. ...     So  we had better get use to watching 'Gate and Go' racing on a grippy track.        or lump it....

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, lynnboy said:

Well after last nights gate and go once again I am finding it hard to want to go and watch Lynn nowadays. The racing is terrible, ok it looks quick but you can’t overtake on this track anymore. When a rider like lambert can’t overtake there is something wrong, but by looking at the crowd last night I’m not the only one who has had enough. got to be the worst crowd I have seen at Lynn for years. Get rid of the stupid mud shale which does not allow for good racing and put on some decent shale. Otherwise there will be more people in the pits than on the terraces ! Such a shame our Once great track has gone this way 

Hit nail on there head there mate regarding the mud it's not shale that's a fact more like topsoil and I see Ipswich are using the same, and that's the reason why the racing is crap.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Warriors said:

Hit nail on there head there mate regarding the mud it's not shale that's a fact more like topsoil and I see Ipswich are using the same, and that's the reason why the racing is crap.

Buster's put the same manure down at Peterborough, now we've got the same problem there as well!

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, g13webb said:

Poole were always regarded as the arch enemy and the attendance would reflect the intense rivalry between the two teams.   When you read comments, like the above, it really does highlight the dire situation that now exists at Saddlebow Road.     I now liken Buster similar to that of our  Prime Minister.   They're both  deaf and blind, so  ignoring all the comments from those around them.  We are fortunate Teresa May is coming to the and of her reign and will be eventually replaced.   With Buster, we aren't so lucky, he no doubt would rather  run the club in the ground than listen to the fans.. ...     So  we had better get use to watching 'Gate and Go' racing on a grippy track.        or lump it....

Lump it or don’t attend 

6 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Great idea! :rolleyes: 

So hand over £18 a meeting for something some fans are not happy with ? mmm now let me think what I’d do :t:

Speedway is the only sport that  i know in which the supporter / customer is not aloud  to have a view and be entitled to moan.Why are some people in denial ? my club have had endless problems over the past few years certainly on the entertainment front.Thing's are still not perfect but i can see the club have listened and are really trying and i believe most of our fans know that and respect it.There are other club's that seem tobe  immune to criticism and are just going on doing it there way  or no way a dangerous game to play.There are now  alot  of the older reliable fan  who love the sport now having there patience stretched to the limit dangerous times for our sport.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

There are now  alot  of the older reliable fan  who love the sport now having there patience stretched to the limit dangerous times for our sport.

Certainly what has happened to me and a small group of fellow fans. When Buster Chapman owns all of the "top" league clubs ( perhaps only five of them in a league then ), it is likely that only a couple of hundred vetted fans will be allowed to attend matches having sworn an oath that " all is well and nothing could ever be improved". Not as far fetched as you might think.

22 hours ago, Paddy The Rebel said:

Id be half tempted to bring in nicholls and bates for worrall and covatti,would defo strengthen us up in top 5 where i think we need a bit more firepower. 

On 5/21/2019 at 12:52 AM, Gavan said:

Did anyone speak to Richie tonight? Or Harris and Bellego at Ipswich? Or Proctor? Or Ricky Wells or James Shanes?

4 hours ago, Haza said:

So hand over £18 a meeting for something some fans are not happy with ? mmm now let me think what I’d do :t:

Not going will just potential close the club down if a number of people do it. Surely it is better to carry on going, talk to the management about it and it is more likely to get changed.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not going will just potential close the club down if a number of people do it. Surely it is better to carry on going, talk to the management about it and it is more likely to get changed.

I think that ship sailed some time ago. If Lynn management had actually listened and tried to improve things (even unsuccessfully) maybe a few more of the ex attenders would still go. However when complaints and suggestions are ignored it gets to the point of why bother. There are a rising number who have reached that stage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I take your point but why would anyone carry on going to meetings handing over £18 just to keep a club going - If as a fan you feel your money is better spent on other things that you enjoy more that’s what your going to do - if the club listened to ex fans concerns it would be something but they don’t it’s there way or no way . I still class myself as a speedway fan I watch on tv every meeting I can but I choose to keep my £18 for other things . 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DanielC said:

Buster's put the same manure down at Peterborough, now we've got the same problem there as well!

There you go say no more, Peterborough use to produce good racing not anymore, that's gone.