British Speedway Forum
justathought

Newcastle V Leicester 19/5/19

NEWCASTLE: Steve Worrall, Simon Lambert, Lasse Bjerre, Matthew Wethers, Thomas Jorgensen, Max Clegg, Danny Phillips.
LEICESTER: Scott Nicholls, Connor Mountain, Josh Bates, Ryan Douglas, Richie Worrall, Luke Ruddick, Ellis Perks.

Tough one for the Diamonds , Leicester seem to be the team bang on form, good luck to the diamonds though, go and tame those Lions

away win but hopefully an entertaining one 

• Like 1

I think the meeting will be won by the Diamonds if they all ride reasonably well. I don't think the Lions will decide the result, but the form of the Diamonds will be the decider.

The Lions will give us a good meeting, and it will be good to see Nicholls again. 

• Confused 1

Can see decent points from, Nicholls, Bates and Richie W.,,, not sure about the rest of the Lions. Newcastle to sneak the win.

• Like 1

Well done Lions. Another valuable away win. 

• Like 1

Leicester look the real deal this season and the team to beat

• Like 2

its time for changes at newcastle 2& 7 need to go  sorry lads .

• Like 1

I agree with @screm and with @highside - I did think Simon Lambert would turn it round but unfortunately it appears I was wrong.

For whatever reason I doubt there will be a change at reserve.

It has been a disappointing season so far and perhaps a signing would help keep the interest of some of the crowd. I'd love to see Kyle Newman back but that might mean more major surgery to the team, so maybe not.

I enjoyed the meeting tonight and like the rest of the hard core we'll keep on showing up but a couple of wins are needed now to retain the support of ome of those who haven't invested in season tickets.

On.an entirely different note I thought @Arthur Cross did a cracking job on the PA tonight - a very different style from Roy; I'd forgotten how good a presenter Dalbers is.

• Like 2

Hugely entertaining meeting tonight one of the best I’ve seen at Newcastle for a long time. Some great passing by Jorgensen & Richie W.

Is Lasse fully fit? He struggled all night and he looked so slow. 

Not sure how long we can keep going with Lambert he just doesn’t look comfortable at home I’d imagine the next set of averages will see him and Clegg swap? I can’t even see Lambert scoring much at reserve. 

Leicester look quality, i’d be amazed if they didn’t win anything come the end of the season.

All in all a great advert for speedway! 

• Like 5

Great meeting!! I don't even mind losing to see racing like that... Josh Bates and Thomas Jorgensen have a set of balls on them... Steve very unlucky, breaking down twice, costing us the meeting imo, through no fault of his own of course, hope there's not too much damage there for him

Matthew Wethers rider of the season so far imo, goes very unnoticed as far as I can tell, but he really is the engine behind the team, consistently scoring points... And likes a donuts or two after finishing heat 15 ahead of Richie Worrall and Scott Nicholls (Two of Britain's biggest riders) Re-passing Richie as if he was an amateur...

Personally, I still feel a few changes need to be made... Can't see Danny being dropped, and I wouldn't mind us carrying him... BUT only one rider can be afforded to be carried in a team... Simon is another who we are carrying (no offence) he's just struggling for form and I don't think riding Brough every week is helping him re-find it... Think Lasse is struggling too, but will turn it around, he's clearly struggling mechanically and has had injury problems over the past few weeks, which can't help, wonder if a break for a couple weeks might help?... Max again, looking like a very good young reserve, soon to be number 2 presumably?

I have a couple of proposals, based on what I have mentioned above in the last paragraph... Just as a supporter having a bit of interest and fun...

1. Steve Worrall 8.04

2. Dimitri Berge 5.03

3. Matej Kus 5.63

4. Matthew Wethers 5.96

5. Thomas Jorgensen 7.92

6. Max Clegg 4.00

7. Danny Phillips 2.00

Total: 37.95

1. Steve Worrall 8.04

2. Matthew Wethers 5.96

3. Kyle Newman 5.71

4. Mark Riss/Tobias Busch 4.84/4.97

5. Thomas Jorgensen 7.92

6. Max Clegg 4.00

7. Danny Phillips 2.00

Total: 37.84/37.97

1. Steve Worrall 8.04

2. Max Clegg 4.00

3. Tero Aarnio (Poland?) 6.83

4. Matthew Wethers 5.96

5. Thomas Jorgensen 7.92

6. Danyon Hume 3.79

7. Danny Phillips 2.00

Total: 37.91

All three options would give us a lot more strength in depth, have riders who are more consistent, and the first two, keep Max at reserve? And perhaps more importantly, allow us to carry Danny Phillips and no one else?

I know Tero rides in Poland, but maybe an agreement or a work around could be met? Dream on!!

Edited by Dandelion

Cracking meeting but our hear leaders are not strong enough to carry two riders, even at home

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Great meeting!! I don't even mind losing to see racing like that... Josh Bates and Thomas Jorgensen have a set of balls on them... Steve very unlucky, breaking down twice, costing us the meeting imo, through no fault of his own of course, hope there's not too much damage there for him

Matthew Wethers rider of the season so far imo, goes very unnoticed as far as I can tell, but he really is the engine behind the team, consistently scoring points... And likes a donuts or two after finishing heat 15 ahead of Richie Worrall and Scott Nicholls (Two of Britain's biggest riders) Re-passing Richie as if he was an amateur...

Personally, I still feel a few changes need to be made... Can't see Danny being dropped, and I wouldn't mind us carrying him... BUT only one rider can be afforded to be carried in a team... Simon is another who we are carrying (no offence) he's just struggling for form and I don't think riding Brough every week is helping him re-find it... Think Lasse is struggling too, but will turn it around, he's clearly struggling mechanically and has had injury problems over the past few weeks, which can't help, wonder if a break for a couple weeks might help?... Max again, looking like a very good young reserve, soon to be number 2 presumably?

I have a couple of proposals, based on what I have mentioned above in the last paragraph... Just as a supporter having a bit of interest and fun...

1. Steve Worrall 8.04

2. Dimitri Berge 5.03

3. Matej Kus 5.63

4. Matthew Wethers 5.96

5. Thomas Jorgensen 7.92

6. Max Clegg 4.00

7. Danny Phillips 2.00

Total: 37.95

1. Steve Worrall 8.04

2. Matthew Wethers 5.96

3. Kyle Newman 5.71

4. Mark Riss/Tobias Busch 4.84/4.97

5. Thomas Jorgensen 7.92

6. Max Clegg 4.00

7. Danny Phillips 2.00

Total: 37.84/37.97

1. Steve Worrall 8.04

2. Max Clegg 4.00

3. Tero Aarnio (Poland?) 6.83

4. Matthew Wethers 5.96

5. Thomas Jorgensen 7.92

6. Danyon Hume 3.79

7. Danny Phillips 2.00

Total: 37.91

All three options would give us a lot more strength in depth, have riders who are more consistent, and the first two, keep Max at reserve? And perhaps more importantly, allow us to carry Danny Phillips and no one else?

I know Tero rides in Poland, but maybe an agreement or a work around could be met? Dream on!!

How can you even consider having Danny Phillips in your team. He is not going to improve. People were getting carried away after the Glasgow meeting but Glasgow reserves on the night were very poor. Bickley just cannot get around Brough Park and Ruddick is struggling as much as Phillips. We need changes but will it happen.? Who knows.

• Like 1