British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
flipper11

Mildenhall v Kent

Kent missing Drew Kemp, Alex Spooner & Dan Gilkes will do well to get anything from this match.

15 hours ago, flipper11 said:

Kent missing Drew Kemp, Alex Spooner & Dan Gilkes will do well to get anything from this match.

Agree....not looking good today :angry:

Kent falling apart, Rowe and Ablitt will be good as will Jenkins. Ledwith will be one or two things today... 

Ben Morley guests for Kent...

Morley has had some bad luck in recent weeks, hopefully for his and Kent's sake he gets back in the big points today.

Jenkins has just hit form so hopefully, full of confidence he fills his boots.

Ledwith has started to reign in his excitement a bit, and hopefully will finish 5 races in the points.

Rowe has once again stepped up a notch and turns up at every track full of confidence.

Ablitt is scoring everywhere although the mildo reserves are good at home, so may be a tougher day then some for him.

Davies along with Clouting are probably going to have a busy few months being the only 2 riders of any standard on a 2.0 average and unattached.

Realism predicts a 50-40 home win.

So it appears there will no longer be a NT final! Simply the group winner will be Trophy champion. So the rules have changed mid-season and then it’s poorly communicated to the fans. :nono:Speedway shambles again!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

So it appears there will no longer be a NT final! Simply the group winner will be Trophy champion. So the rules have changed mid-season and then it’s poorly communicated to the fans. :nono:Speedway shambles again!

With just four Clubs in one group, seems quite sensible to me.

2 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

With just four Clubs in one group, seems quite sensible to me.

Yes it would be if that was the decision made preseason and the fans knew what the format is!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

Agree....not looking good today :angry:

Wrong!!!!! :unsure:

I was way off :rolleyes:

52 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

When was that changed? A while back it said top two Final!!!!

22 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

When was that changed? A while back it said top two Final!!!!

A very good question. It seems to have come out at this meeting and the BSPA site has now been changed from showing a top 2 final to the group winner takes the trophy. 

It robs 2 teams of a potentially lucrative cup final and makes Plymouth’s last gone meeting obsolete when it could’ve been a tense decider. 

• Like 1

Quite an eventful meeting today raced in front of a decent crowd. The highlight for me was the fish and chips that were excellent, despite all of the early doom and gloom regarding the change of fryer!

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

Quite an eventful meeting today raced in front of a decent crowd. The highlight for me was the fish and chips that were excellent, despite all of the early doom and gloom regarding the change of fryer!

Still cold, tasteless and like rubber when I went = the fish and chips; not the speedway. Oh, on the other hand...

Well that was a bit tense.  

Excellent meeting, fast times shows the track was in good shape. Ayres was untouchable. Fish n chips not to bad. Great result.

All in all a great day out.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Still cold, tasteless and like rubber when I went = the fish and chips; not the speedway. Oh, on the other hand...

Well it was good today mate. I can only vouch for what i had. They must have employed a new fryer. It was definitely up there with previous seasons.

• Like 1