Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teaboy279

National Trophy

Recommended Posts

So once again British speedway changes rules mid season, and have scrapped the national trophy final, and another piece of credibility of the sport goes out the window. now certainly no sour grapes here as today's away win puts us in prime position to win. 

But how can you start a competition trying to get a top 2 spot, (so potentially aim for an away point rather then taking risks) and then change it is beyond me.

And to just change the page on the BSPA site without making any press releases....

On the bspa website after fridays match, the bspa even quoted in the first line of the match report that Mildenhall have one foot in the final..... 

So what's changed since Saturday morning?

 

I really love my sport, but really starting to see why people are leaving British speedway and doing monthly trips to Poland instead.

Just means more meaningless fixtures kow when teams can no longer qualify, meaning lower crowds. So there is mo winner here.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot believe it.I checked table the other day to see if Kent did lose at Mildenhall they would still have a decent chance to get to FINAL!!!!

Now it has changed with NO mention whatsoever???? How can you start season with same rules and suddenly change!!!!!

Takes away  two meaningful meetings for TWO teams.

There is so few fixtures anyway which is why Kent are trying to fill with (let me say)less than meaningful fixtures. :nono:

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blueherb777 said:

I cannot believe it.I checked table the other day to see if Kent did lose at Mildenhall they would still have a decent chance to get to FINAL!!!!

Now it has changed with NO mention whatsoever???? How can you start season with same rules and suddenly change!!!!!

Takes away  two meaningful meetings for TWO teams.

There is so few fixtures anyway which is why Kent are trying to fill with (let me say)less than meaningful fixtures. :nono:

 

Personally I am very happy that Kent run something each and every week even though some are challenge matches.  At least, if I need a Speedway

"fix", I can always get it.  And some of the challenges are good Speedway anyway.  Like Bowen is always worth the price of admission, so I will not

miss tonight's Wimbledon match..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, East End Fan said:

Personally I am very happy that Kent run something each and every week even though some are challenge matches.  At least, if I need a Speedway

"fix", I can always get it.  And some of the challenges are good Speedway anyway.  Like Bowen is always worth the price of admission, so I will not

miss tonight's Wimbledon match..

Glad for you....to me they are just fill in fixtures because there are so few teams.

And my point was taking away the NL Trophy Final just lessens more `Official` fixtures.IMHO :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fortunately the plucky island warriors have managed to make this into a title decider and will travel to Kent looking for a win of 7 or more points to take an unexpected but would be richly deserved trophy. For the Kings there are fingertips on the trophy but they have fumbled before and the expectant result on the Island didn't come meaning a bit more pressure upon the home side and creates a meaningful fixture for the paying public but how will this one off fixture unfold?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Afraid the plucky Islanders are going to get well and truly plucked. Easy home win. Think Jordan misses this one for exams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Morley and wood can go through the card and danno put in a strong performance with support from rtd and the reserves nicking a few points? 

With no Jenkins spooner Gilkes there is the slightest of hope? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Afraid the plucky Islanders are going to get well and truly plucked. Easy home win. Think Jordan misses this one for exams.

Normally i would 100% agree that it will be the usual home win but if the Warriors can jangle a few home nerves early on the pressure might start to bite. With Spooner already out much will depend on the guest booking and whether its RR for Alex or Jordan? If Kent go for a cheap option things could get a bit squeaky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plenty of bad luck on both sides last night, with the Kings nicking a point at the death. It was good to see a decent crowd on the island, with loads of kids in attendance. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Plenty of bad luck on both sides last night, with the Kings nicking a point at the death. It was good to see a decent crowd on the island, with loads of kids in attendance. 

The point could well be crucial as it looks a bigger task for the Warriors needing to win by 7+ rather than any win will do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Normally i would 100% agree that it will be the usual home win but if the Warriors can jangle a few home nerves early on the pressure might start to bite. With Spooner already out much will depend on the guest booking and whether its RR for Alex or Jordan? If Kent go for a cheap option things could get a bit squeaky.

Think it is Richard Andrews for Jordan, r/r for Alex & Clouting for Gilkes.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, flipper11 said:

Think it is Richard Andrews for Jordan, r/r for Alex & Clouting for Gilkes.

No expense spared from Kent then as Andrews is a long distance traveller but certainly in good form and often good around Central Park. I have to admit i was expecting Jason Edwards (although he may be examming also) or guest of the moment Connor Coles however Richard is likely to do a good job for the home side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

No expense spared from Kent then as Andrews is a long distance traveller but certainly in good form and often good around Central Park. I have to admit i was expecting Jason Edwards (although he may be examming also) or guest of the moment Connor Coles however Richard is likely to do a good job for the home side.

Andrews has always been popular with KK fans and his never say die performance a couple of weeks ago reinforced that. Jordan also misses next weeks match against Leicester, i would guess Len/Chris will see how Richard goes against IOW before committing to him or as you say Coles or Edwards in the Leicester match.

Edited by flipper11
addition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a real shame that Kent could win their FIRST ever trophy with three of the team missing.

I know injuries are part and parcel on Speedway,but it is still a pity a Guest could help win this!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy