British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies v Edinburgh Monarchs

20 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Be disppointed ...

I find it hard to do any form of gloating when the meeting was ended in such a way .Hopefully we get some positive news shortly but i really did not like what i saw too the point where unfortunately i am not to bothered what happened the previous 14 heats . 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TurnTwo said:

What happened to Pickering? 

Can only tell you from my view (a poor one ) straightened up after  bend 2 then was propelled off his bike mid straight . The riders were bunched 2-3 of them coming off the exit of bend 2 but for me it looked like a chain as his bike seemed to stop suddenly and he got tangled in it . Awful Awful Awful made unpleasant viewing .   

26 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

What happened to Pickering? 

Brummies gated on a 5-1. Pickering chased them down back straight and ran into Paco’s back Wheel causing a very nasty fall. No fault from Paco  and just down to out and out effort from Pickering 

very heavy fall. Think he took a hefty blow to the head. Despite his trip to hospital, I’ve heard he was conscious and lucid, talking to paramedics etc so hopefully it’s nowhere as near as bad as it looked 

best wishes Josh. Get well soon 

Edited by the hobbit
  • Like 3

Josh Pickering was released from hospital earlier this morning with a shoulder injury, he will miss Friday`s meeting at Armadale.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, screm said:

Josh Pickering was released from hospital earlier this morning with a shoulder injury, he will miss Friday`s meeting at Armadale.

Could have been a lot worse, sounded a nasty one.

First of all hope josh is all good never nice seeing anyone get injured. 

Awful performance. Castagna scoring 11 sums it up really.

Great news about josh about Josh it sounds like he is just battered and bruised mainly (tough kids these speedway riders ) i assume he will now have the standard 7-9 day concussion period which will give him a nice bit of time to recoup.

Now that incident has come to a satisfactory end (as well as hoped anyway) lets talk about the meeting . 

Birmingham were Brilliant From start to finish and in all honesty we should of won by more Shanes snapped a sprocket last lap when leading. Ulrich packed up when in a comfortable 3rd.

Adam Ellis - Imperious head and shoulders above anymore with a couple of great passes 

James Shanes- scored 5 but deserved much more . This is the James we expected this season

Zach Waj-  If he gated he won if he didn't he was last . I get Hobbits point he made a few weeks back he never really goes for the gaps 100% committed.

Ashley Morris -Was superb always chasing when behind and team rode superbly when out in front.

Ulrich Ostergaard - Poor very poor.Had bike issues couldn't get out the gate looked ill prepared before every race with his mechanic on the start line .

Paco Castagna- Brilliant evening for Paco and probably his best in British speedway so far.

Nathan Stoneman- Well what can i say scored 4 points deserved more . scored double his average. Loads of effort always trying .

Many will point to the very poor performance from Edinburgh and yes they may have a point .

But as i pointed out before the meeting we are  better at reserve and better  at number 1 so it only need a couple of the other 4 riders to put in a good performance for a comfortable win.

This Birmingham team has far more balance to it still not sure it will win many away but should be enough to win a few home meeting. 

• Like 2

Echoing a few of the positive comments already mentioned above....

Such a relief to hear that the very impressive Josh Pickering is going to be ok ....his crash looked awful, especially as it happened on the back straight...he went for a gap that literally wasn't there! 

Amazing what having a 'real' No.1 brings to the team...it seemed to 'inspire' the rest of the boys to perform!

Ellis was head and shoulders above everyone and it already appears that he has developed a great on track understanding with James Shanes, who had his best meeting so far this season.

Morris rode like he had a point to prove ? recording the fastest time of the evening in his 3rd ride!

Zach (already mentioned) brilliant when he makes the gate....but lacks considerable confidence/bottle when behind.

A promising start for Stoneman....should get even better after a few more meetings.

Paco is another rider that looks class when he makes the gate!

Felt a bit for Ulrich?: came down heavily in his first ride and appeared to have damaged his number one bike and then struggled for speed for the rest of the evening?

Overall, I'd say that we beat a very mediocre/poor opposition.....and I think that the 'biggest' difference to previous performances was the simple fact that we actually got out of the starts for a change!?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

You can only beat what’s in front of you. 

Better behind u !

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

How big was the crowd?

Pretty poor tbh not big enough to sustain championship speedway i would suggest . At a guess another 200 -300 paying spectators would be required.

26 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

How big was the crowd?

Not great ? Unfortunately, I don't think it was as big as the promoters would have liked?

I think it will be even worse next week?

Half-term ? Europa League Final? Eastbourne in a dead rubber ?