British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jduffill

Julie Lewis Memorial @ Redcar 24/5/19

Somebody has put a lot of thought into that format. Redcar are to be congratulated on putting something a little bit different on. I wish them a very successful meeting. Just wish I didn't live so far away as I would like to see how it works out.

• Like 3

Should be an interesting meeting, keen to see how List and McDonald get on. 

6 hours ago, boz said:

Should be an interesting meeting, keen to see how List and McDonald get on. 

I couldn't make it due to work.. how did McDonald do ? I've seen list on a couple of occasions this season & not impressed !! 

McDonald looked pretty good - couple of excellent rides. List was disappointing, maybe trying  a bit too hard.

Wright in an absolute class of his own again - difficult to see who can beat him next Friday in the semi-final.

Massively impressed by Ayres yet again, and Bukhave was excellent in the individual part but faded.

I thought that this was a very enjoyable meeting  - a very well thought out format and some top class racing to match. The Redcar promotion should take a bow!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Agree with Boz -McDonald looked useful- worth a go if a team needs a rider - Bukhave did look good, but I think he may have tired - some riders had 7 and even 8 rides -  and I reckon Jacob wasn't used to that. List looked ok, but always at the back, think Josh Auty gave him starting tips whilst at Scunny!!

I would also like to say well done to promotion on an innovative ides and the presentation of the meeting exceedingly slick getting through a full programme of 23 heats 

9 minutes ago, northyorksbear said:

Agree with Boz -McDonald looked useful- worth a go if a team needs a rider - Bukhave did look good, but I think he may have tired - some riders had 7 and even 8 rides -  and I reckon Jacob wasn't used to that. List looked ok, but always at the back, think Josh Auty gave him starting tips whilst at Scunny!!

I would also like to say well done to promotion on an innovative ides and the presentation of the meeting exceedingly slick getting through a full programme of 23 heats 

Well I must say I was well impressed with buchave today at the track very fast & also the promotion ran a great day for amature riders 

19 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Well I must say I was well impressed with buchave today at the track very fast & also the promotion ran a great day for amature riders 

Whilst Bukhave was impressive in his first four rides on Friday he faded badly against the ' big boys'. Could have been fitness but having seen his race times for the amateur meeting he was still some 4 seconds off race win times for Friday. The lad could do a job somewhere but his 4 point average will put others off and his equipment always looks under par.

Peterborough were said to be signing him half way through last season but it never went ahead

Fridays meeting was a great initiative and good for the fans who got to be team managers ,very well matched teams and fantastic racing throughout.

Amateur meetings are where professionals are made and Redcar and Scunthorpe should be applauded for their efforts.

• Like 1