British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Peterborough vs Poole 23/05/19 Premiership

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Would have liked to have come up for this as it’s likely our last visit of the season there. But too far for me at the moment in my condition. Klindt is a major loss. Danny King can blow hot and cold but knows the place well enough. We do well with our own 1-7 but not as well with guests. Hoping that will change tomorrow.

And there we have it ‘Poole weaker with guests’

We have good guests best available Klindt doesn't get 12 every time, King is probably more consistent at the Showground and there isn't many if any better on under NBJ's average than Berge but the problem will be Nicholls who is in good form at the moment. We are so unlucky Peterborough have strengthened just before our visit and now Swindon have just before we meet them. 

Edited by foreverblue

Guests for a rearranged danish league match ?  And they wonder why people dont turn up !

4 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Guests for a rearranged danish league match ?  And they wonder why people dont turn up !

It’s a round of the Danish Championship that’s been rearranged (akin to our British Finals), not a league match.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Lukas said:

....and it's made Poole stronger.

No it hasn't. If King gets more than 12 you  may have a point but I would have more faith in NBJ scoring well than Berge .

Edited by foreverblue

I see Bates tweeted yesterday that he had been practicing at Leicester and going really well. Then blew and engine on his last outing. Just what you need on the eve of your return to prem racing. I hope he has a quick engine on his spare bike 

9 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

I see Bates tweeted yesterday that he had been practicing at Leicester and going really well. Then blew and engine on his last outing. Just what you need on the eve of your return to prem racing. I hope he has a quick engine on his spare bike 

He'll be fine and you can't accuse him of not giving it his all, 100% every time.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

No it hasn't. If King gets more than 12 you  may have a point but I would have more faith in NBJ scoring well than Berge .

If you had seen Berge Vs NBJ at the showground over the past few seasons you would see that you maybe wrong on this one. I remember one meeting where Berge was unbeatable.

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

He'll be fine and you can't accuse him of not giving it his all, 100% every time.

Problem being that at the EoES in 2019 if you're not in the mix after 30 yards then you're giving a 100% in 4th and staying there.

25 minutes ago, Lukas said:

If you had seen Berge Vs NBJ at the showground over the past few seasons you would see that you maybe wrong on this one. I remember one meeting where Berge was unbeatable.

Very different showground this year though

31 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Problem being that at the EoES in 2019 if you're not in the mix after 30 yards then you're giving a 100% in 4th and staying there.

Oh dear. Peterborough was one of the best race tracks previously.

1 hour ago, Lukas said:

Berge scored 6 last time at the showground doesn't sound unbeatable. when did he last ride at the showground in the championship?

Edited by foreverblue

The racing at pboro is half as exciting as it used to be. I hope I’m wrong but I think Bates might struggle in the same way Ben Barker did purely because the racing line is round the inside. Riders that go out searching for grip near the fence end up going backwards. It’s gate and go at the minute