British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Peterborough vs Poole 23/05/19 Premiership

Cracking meeting and well done to both teams. Poole deserved a point. The big difference tonight was that the tractor did not come out until after heat 10 when the interval was. This enabled an outside line where you could race. Great performance from Charles Wright again tonight. Worrell was the main culprit for Poole as he was poor.Tonight is what I go to speedway for....excellent.

• Like 6

What a match!..best speedway meeting I've seen in a long time..superb..welcome back Hans..that wall of death ride was Rickardsonesque!

• Like 2

Best meeting round there for years got to admit I never thought I see andersen ride like that again gave a true captains performance

• Like 2

Great meeting well done to all concerned

• Like 2

Cracking meeting, easily the best of the season so far, felt for Nicholls who did at least one engine and dropped a chain in another.

Kurtz ran out of room in 13 but he was going very wide.

Andersen was very good and Wilson Dean was back to his best as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Poor stands half empty

Or , depending on your agenda, half full

And that'd make it 1,100 plus a couple of hundred or so on the bends and back straight. So not exactly a pi55poor crowd, and I'm guessing loads of other clubs would be happy  with it.  

Edited by PE7Panther
  • Like 4

Best meeting I’ve seen at the show ground for a long time, this is the hans that buster paid for and we all want to see ! However I have been told that buster isn’t making any money running Peterborough speedway. Think he made a loss tonight. Could see them closing the grandstand or something so it doesn’t cost as much per meeting to run. Don’t they charge extra to sit in the stand at Lynn ? 

• Like 1

It looked a decent crowd for a thursday night. A fabulous meeting tonight. Well run, hard fought with some fantastic racing. It shows what can be done when all the ingredients come together, speedway at its best!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

You were saying;)

Panthers win. Meeting run through fast .Stonking meeting by all accounts. Buster must he happy. I wonder how many Panthers fans will still be, or still be  moaning:P

I've been saying same as everyone else but also adding that it wasn't that bad that it couldn't easily be fixed. A bit drier and lack of regular grading to allow the dirt line to build up was all that was needed tonight, plus Andersen rolling back the years; especially doing a Sayfutdinov in heat 15. I also said that the first couple of meetings were run efficiently and we were off home in very good time so please do keep up. One swallow doesn't make a summer but as long as you're happy scoring a couple bonus points as chair of the Buster fan club then that made the evening doubly worthwhile for those of us present!

The crowd wasn’t too bad it appears although it’s been better this year.

Another quick meeting though with a slight delay whilst Brady was checked over in the pits.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Best meeting I’ve seen at the show ground for a long time, this is the hans that buster paid for and we all want to see ! However I have been told that buster isn’t making any money running Peterborough speedway. Think he made a loss tonight. Could see them closing the grandstand or something so it doesn’t cost as much per meeting to run. Don’t they charge extra to sit in the stand at Lynn ? 

re. buster isn’t making any money running Peterborough speedway.

He is if you take the BT Sport dosh into account  ;)     

re. Could see them closing the grandstand

:o  Not a cat in hell's chance of that happening.

But you're spot on with that first bit. :t:

1 hour ago, Gasser90 said:

I doubt that it's a surprise to any long term Panther fans that Chapman isn't making anything if true. The EoES and speedway sucks cash, always has, always will. No way could they close the grandstand and I doubt the EoES would let them charge extra after nearly 50 years, plus it would be difficul to administer and almost impossible to police. Added to that, they'd lose more fans than any charge would make up for IMO.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 4