British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Peterborough vs Poole 23/05/19 Premiership

review of the Poole team. 

1. Jack= Did his job, hard race in 13 and just could not quite get the job done in 15. 

2. Richie= Goodbye, have fun doing the champ. Is now averaging around 3.2 points a meeting for Poole. frankly lost us the meeting. 

3. Danny= Bad night from him. Expected more really. 

4. Josh= did his job could have nicked a point or 2 more. 

5. Brady= I know he crashed but must be the inform rider in the prem. Guess he will miss Monday

6. Covatti= Seems like he has fixed the issues between last night for the rebels and Poole 

7= Berge= Great choice of guest. Did more than required. 

Frankly we lost this meeting at the 2 and 3 spot. 4 +2 from 2 guys isn't great. Lets see what happens to richie. Will he even last to Monday? 

2 hours ago, Lukas said:

What a match!..best speedway meeting I've seen in a long time..superb..welcome back Hans..that wall of death ride was Rickardsonesque!

Emilesque 

3 hours ago, Stiltonpanther said:

Cracking meeting and well done to both teams. Poole deserved a point. The big difference tonight was that the tractor did not come out until after heat 10 when the interval was. This enabled an outside line where you could race. Great performance from Charles Wright again tonight. Worrell was the main culprit for Poole as he was poor.Tonight is what I go to speedway for....excellent.

I've always thought that it's unnecessary to have so much track grading. Apart from being boring I don't think it achieves anything, except to give the track curator something to do during a meeting.  Glad it was a cracking meeting and hopefully it will be the same on Monday.

2 hours ago, Crump99 said:

I've been saying same as everyone else but also adding that it wasn't that bad that it couldn't easily be fixed. A bit drier and lack of regular grading to allow the dirt line to build up was all that was needed tonight, plus Andersen rolling back the years; especially doing a Sayfutdinov in heat 15. I also said that the first couple of meetings were run efficiently and we were off home in very good time so please do keep up. One swallow doesn't make a summer but as long as you're happy scoring a couple bonus points as chair of the Buster fan club then that made the evening doubly worthwhile for those of us present!

I'm in no Buster fan club:nono:. I guess the "crap" dirt wasn't the problem  then :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, poolebolton said:

2. Richie= Goodbye, have fun doing the champ. Is now averaging around 3.2 points a meeting for Poole. frankly lost us the meeting. 

Hope you said this to his face before typing .

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Hope you said this to his face before typing .

he never made the comment in the first place

9 hours ago, PE7Panther said:

re. buster isn’t making any money running Peterborough speedway.

He is if you take the BT Sport dosh into account  ;)     

re. Could see them closing the grandstand

:o  Not a cat in hell's chance of that happening.

But you're spot on with that first bit. :t:

I know he probably won’t close the grandstand but he was in the pits last night saying that they can’t use the full stand anyway as they can’t get enough health and safety stewards. If not using the stand makes it more worth while for buster in sense that he might break even per meeting rather thank keep making a loss we might at least see speedway at Peterborough for a few more seasons. Maybe if the stand wasn’t used the cost to use the show ground might decrease. I don’t know how it all works.

10 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Or its just back to how it was producing decent racing

Maybe. 

But we were told that there were how ever many tonnes of new material going on the track in March, and then by Hans how amazing it was to ride at P&P. Then after a few meetings of inside line speedway we were told that as the weeks passed they would develop the racing lines and hey presto a few meetings in we have people coming in here saying last night was the best meeting they’d seen there for years. 

Sometimes two steps forward require one back first and perhaps those in charge knew what they were going after all. The next few matches will provide the proof of the pudding one suspects. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

I know he probably won’t close the grandstand but he was in the pits last night saying that they can’t use the full stand anyway as they can’t get enough health and safety stewards. If not using the stand makes it more worth while for buster in sense that he might break even per meeting rather thank keep making a loss we might at least see speedway at Peterborough for a few more seasons. Maybe if the stand wasn’t used the cost to use the show ground might decrease. I don’t know how it all works.

The problem is, the average age of the speedway fan will dictate if the stand remains open. A seat is the minimum requirement for the majority.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, poolebolton said:

review of the Poole team. 

1. Jack= Did his job, hard race in 13 and just could not quite get the job done in 15. 

3. Danny= Bad night from him. Expected more really. 

4. Josh= did his job could have nicked a point or 2 more. 

5. Brady= I know he crashed but must be the inform rider in the prem. Guess he will miss Monday

6. Covatti= Seems like he has fixed the issues between last night for the rebels and Poole 

7= Berge= Great choice of guest. Did more than required. 

Frankly we lost this meeting at the 2 and 3 spot. 4 +2 from 2 guys isn't great. Lets see what happens to richie. Will he even last to Monday? 

did you go?

6 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

did you go?

Yes. Can’t comment if you don’t go. (Bar a meeting on TV). 2nd time to Pboro. 

Racing was great. Did the right thing waiting to track grade. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

The problem is, the average age of the speedway fan will dictate if the stand remains open. A seat is the minimum requirement for the majority.

Soon to be followed by a commode.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Yes. Can’t comment if you don’t go. (Bar a meeting on TV). 2nd time to Pboro. 

Racing was great. Did the right thing waiting to track grade. 

Ah fair play, sorry for questioning. I think I got you mixed up with someone else who comments without ever having been to a track!

I didnt go,so a little confused.

Pooles official website report says Kurtz tried to go round Tungate when he fell in Ht13. On here, all have said it was Andersen!

Which is correct?