British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Peterborough vs Poole 23/05/19 Premiership

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Sounds like the meeting was great. Pity it wasn't a TV meeting. But always good to hear fans praising the racing for a change. Seems like Buster has listened to someone :)

lets hope the return at poole next week is as good .and not forgetting against Swindon as well:t::t:

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1

The difference last night was our underperforming riders suddenly performed...if Nicholls and Bates do the business things could turn round for us..no one has mentioned Charles Wright..again superb..Panthers rider of the season by a mile so far.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lukas said:

The difference last night was our underperforming riders suddenly performed...if Nicholls and Bates do the business things could turn round for us..no one has mentioned Charles Wright..again superb..Panthers rider of the season by a mile so far.

Maybe to do with the track being better. Or at least part of the reason..Hope it continues.. 

Great to read it was a good meeting.  Peterborough is one of the best race tracks in the UK so I’m not surprised.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BobC said:

I didnt go,so a little confused.

Pooles official website report says Kurtz tried to go round Tungate when he fell in Ht13. On here, all have said it was Andersen!

Which is correct?

He was attempting to go around Andersen but just ran out of room.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Brilliant meeting. My girlfriend who isn't normally into speedway was really excited. Not seen her get that excited before.

I have B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

One of the highlights of this meeting was to see a glimpse of the Hans Andersen of old.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

One of the highlights of this meeting was to see a glimpse of the Hans Andersen of old.

When he passed Kurtz, I was in shock. It was like I'd travelled back to 2006.

The Hans Andersen of 2006 would have been World Champion, had he started the series. I remember him racking up 100 SGP points in 6 rounds. Crump was very lucky that year.

Edited by JeremyCorbynFan

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Ok half full then but certainly looked a bit less than when I have visited before, I didn't say it was a very poor crowd but if the track produces that standard of racing regularly then you would hope the crowd would increase. I did notice the block of seats on the 4th bend was completely empty, is there a safety issue with that block or just they want to keep the spectators in the main part of the stand? I have no agenda, I have always enjoyed my visits to the showground but last night exceeded all expectations racing wise, shame we didn't win but early days.

The track hasn't produced anything like that for the previous 6 meeting though, hence the drop off of people rather than increase that last nights racing, decent presentation, along with better rider interaction (ie doing victory laps as they did last night usually, not all!) deserves.

Given that April and May are traditionally our busy home months and for the rest of the season we're back to feast but mainly famine in terms of fixtures then Buster and co will probably need to take the hit this year and build as best they can for the rest of the season and start of 2020 with last night as the benchmark, knowing that it can be done.

The issue with the stand appears the same as it was this time last year. This probably explains it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

The Hans Andersen of 2006 would have been World Champion, had he started the series. I remember him racking up 100 SGP points in 6 rounds. Crump was very lucky that year.

:icon_smile_clown:  :D

10 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

What are you on about?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Speedway_Grand_Prix

The final standings don't lie. Hans averaged 16.83 in the series, Crump's average in the same rounds that Hans rode in was 15.5.

Hans missed the first four rounds, yet still racked up over 100 points.

Gross misuse and manipulation of data

You simply throw away Crump's results in the first 4 GP s.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Gross misuse and manipulation of data

You simply throw away Crump's results in the first 4 GP s.

How can you use those first results when Hans wasn't riding in those meetings?

It's not a like for like comparison. 

24 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

What are you on about?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Speedway_Grand_Prix

The final standings don't lie. Hans averaged 16.83 in the series, Crump's average in the same rounds that Hans rode in was 15.5.

Hans missed the first four rounds, yet still racked up over 100 points.

Crump was already coasting at that point, consolidated in the next two and got the sun lounger out for the remainder when Andersen also started to tail off. Whether he'd have beaten Crump over the full series I doubt, but he might. Crump's record in the SGP suggests you're barking but entitled to your opinion.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Crump was already coasting at that point, consolidated in the next two and got the sun lounger out for the remainder when Andersen also started to tail off. Whether he'd have beaten Crump over the full series I doubt, but he might. Crump's record in the SGP suggests you're barking but entitled to your opinion.

Yes couldn't see how Crump could lose it that year .