British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
keepturningleft

This must be a contender for the greatest race ever!

Emil obviously thought before the race, "I am sure there's a bit of grip up near the fence I reckon I could use"...:D

I was watching it downstairs and my 16 year old lad was watching it in his room...

As it ended he flew down the stairs and screamed "Dad! Did you f*****g see that!?"..:o

Amazing what instantaneous reaction this sport can still bring isn't it?

A reaction so very few others can match..

NB (I blame the parents for their kids poor language obviously);)

• Haha 2

I saw it yesterday, and I thought, "What tha...???!!!"

I couldn't believe the speed he picked up on that last bend, and I'd love to know how he got his back wheel under the air fence without coming off!

Emil even put Gollob to shame with that one...

Steve

Lets be honest he was out of control on the last 2 corners but still good to watch, can u get that channel in uk for free ?

18 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Lets be honest he was out of control on the last 2 corners but still good to watch, can u get that channel in uk for free ?

Exciting race on a track that was prepared for racing and allowing four riders to go full steam over the entire four laps.

Reminded me of the Tony Rickardsson ride when he rode up the fence and then claimed that it was the best corner that he had ever made. A pure chance execution that nine times out of ten wouldn't have come off something that "Simmo" also stated at the time.

• Like 1

It looked like on that last bend he shut off, not sliding, but just let the bike run( how he did not end up in the fence??????????) then opened the throttle to pass. SUPERB!!!!!! 

• Like 1

I never thought I'd see a better or braver overtake than Joe Screen getting past Billy Hamill in Poland back in the 1990s ... I have now! Brilliant stuff.

Clearly the weight of his balls helped with the grip :blink:

• Haha 3

Reminded me of Phil Crump at Somerton Park Newport, with his back wheel on the fence for most of the race!

Edited by cityrebel
Mistake in post
  • Like 1

A thrilling race for sure and without taking anything away Joe Screen often rode a smilar line around Craven Park, Hull in 1999....

• Like 1

On 5/21/2019 at 11:43 PM, keepturningleft said:

Unbelievable!

Thanks for sharing. Fantastic stuff. What a sport it is at its best :t:

people still remember tony rickardsson's ' wall of death' at cardiff but emil did it for 4 laps , incredable stuff .

2 hours ago, gee jay said:

people still remember tony rickardsson's ' wall of death' at cardiff but emil did it for 4 laps , incredable stuff .

This is true....

6 hours ago, gee jay said:

...which of course was a fluke despite Rickardsson's claims to the contrary. Malcolm Simmons lost a lot of respect for him when Rickardsson later claimed that it was a calculated risk rather than admit it was pure chance and a manourvre a rider wouldn't normally expect to take or get away with.