British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fred5

Rebels Vs Eagles Wed 22nd May

Weather looks good, think we will head off down to the OTA, hopefully for a good meeting.

Who plans the fixtures? we have only had a few meeting so far & yet get Eastbourne for the second time.

One thing we can be sure of the Oaktree ALWAYS produces good racing.

Crowds are down this year - what are the the reasons?

5 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Who plans the fixtures? we have only had a few meeting so far & yet get Eastbourne for the second time.

One thing we can be sure of the Oaktree ALWAYS produces good racing.

Crowds are down this year - what are the the reasons?

your crowds being down may be due to dropping down?

our (Birmingham) crowds are down but we've gone up?

Other tracks I've visited this season-:

Leicester crowds are up, very big crowd when I went there; and like you they have dropped down!

Eastbourne big crowd on first visit, massive crowd on second visit and like us they went up!

Can't figure any of that out, who'd be a speedway promoter?

Dropping down partly but then to remain on a weds I would say is a bigger reason 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HGould said:

your crowds being down may be due to dropping down?

our (Birmingham) crowds are down but we've gone up?

Other tracks I've visited this season-:

Leicester crowds are up, very big crowd when I went there; and like you they have dropped down!

Eastbourne big crowd on first visit, massive crowd on second visit and like us they went up!

Can't figure any of that out, who'd be a speedway promoter?

Eastbourne's crowd was well down last saturday. Attendances are usualy good at the start of the season, maintaining those levels is the hard part.

10 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Eastbourne's crowd was well down last saturday. Attendances are usualy good at the start of the season, maintaining those levels is the hard part.

True although Eastbourne ran against the GP and that will always hurt crowd numbers. Brum has a team that is struggling on track and that struggles to generate a crowd, Somerset might be the opposite with too much home dominance? Leicester are clearly benefiting from running on a race night that suits their fan base better along with a finally improved track.

three , three and spurs win it on rock , paper , scissors .

3 hours ago, brewer said:

Dropping down partly but then to remain on a weds I would say is a bigger reason 

Wasn’t that said to be the main reason for dropping down to remain on a Wednesday?

Glorious day in Highbridge today, and a perfect night for speedway!

• Like 2

But what can they do? Remove Morley gives 4.8 wood I can’t see anyone worth anything on a 2. 

Bomber was outstanding tonight, Probably Rowes best performance at home and i was impressed with Todd Kurtz. Hope Henry is ok , he really needs to work on his gating he’s been awful out the gate in the meetings I’ve seen him

5 hours ago, james1234 said:

Bomber was outstanding tonight, Probably Rowes best performance at home and i was impressed with Todd Kurtz. Hope Henry is ok , he really needs to work on his gating he’s been awful out the gate in the meetings I’ve seen him

Did Rowe have a really good home meeting in the challenge against Poole ? great to see the lad progressing nicely.

11 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

Major major surgery required at eastie. 

A right mess

9 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

But what can they do? Remove Morley gives 4.8 wood I can’t see anyone worth anything on a 2. 

The way the side has been built if any of the top 3 has an off night the team will always be in trouble. Obviously the loss of Brennan is hard, Morley & Wood are scoring around their averages and very limited options for replacements. The Eagles were never likely to get anything at Somerset this year so need to just focus on performing at home rather than silly track prep that catches the home team out more than the away side.

• Like 1