British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
porkypotter

ISLE OF WIGHT V STOKE POTTERS

THIS SHOULD BE A CLOSE MATCH WITH TWO EVENLY MATCHED TEAMS SO LETS HOPE FOR SOME GOOD WEATHER AND GOOD RACING. HOPEFULLY WE CAN START GETTING SOME POINTS ON THE BOARD. UP THE POTTERS.

I hope they have sorted the 4th bend riders having problems there.....

1 hour ago, waco said:

Fingers crossed silly things don't spoil the meeting tonight as it looks quite well balanced (providing all riders perform how they can). Warriors should have the edge here but there are plenty of question marks against both sides.

4 hours ago, Heathen1984 said:

Battle of most likely two bottom teams

ouch// bit harsh mate. it,s early days yet and I expect the potters to finish around mid table or higher but time will tell.

2 minutes ago, porkypotter said:

ouch// bit harsh mate. it,s early days yet and I expect the potters to finish around mid table or higher but time will tell.

Yep definitely early days and plenty of team changes to come yet throughout the league and bad luck can strike any side but still fear this will be the battle of the bottom 2. 

Good win for IOW with solid performances from the top end,and most of the middle order,,except Widman what were his problems tonight,,,any one who was there know the answer??

7 hours ago, waco said:

Very smooth tonight. Just one fall in the match, and that was on bend 2.

I think it’s time for widman to step aside he’s had so many mechanical issues and I think they sign him each season on the hope he can do what he does once in a blue moon on a good ride. 

15 hours ago, Heathen1984 said:

Yeh nothing against ur club but thats hiw i feel, my team Cradley wont be much higher thou

no problem mate. just hope you are not right. at least we got a point last night but I do think they need to address the reserve problem though it looks like young joe alcock was firing a lot better. hope we all have a good season.

52 minutes ago, porkypotter said:

no problem mate. just hope you are not right. at least we got a point last night but I do think they need to address the reserve problem though it looks like young joe alcock was firing a lot better. hope we all have a good season.

I know he was missing last night but Pavitt has 1 point from 8 rides so far this season which is a worry. Stoke don't have the star reserves but if both chipped in every meeting it could be the difference. 

IOW landed the points last night but had to rely on the spearhead again and full/piad maximums are not guaranteed every week.  Verge is having a great year and RTD chipping in nicely but unusual off night for Chad and usual off night for Widman made it closer than it probably should have been.

41 minutes ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the times for this meeting please? Thanks in advance.

I have said it before but worth repeating: club website reports of (home) matches should include the winning race times. So easy to add to any report. Will take no more than a minute to put them in. Can't see why not.

Worth noting Eastbourne detailed report of home matches has the race times and they also give them for the away matches with their live, heat-by-heat coverage.

The Speedway Star created a gap in the market: club website should fill it. Simple.

• Like 2