British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
justathought

Leicester v Birmingham 25/5/19

LEICESTER Speedway boss Stewart Dickson is urging fans to turn out in force and back their bid for glory!

For the first time since the relaunch of the city club they are proving to be a major force on the Championship.

And Dickson, ahead of this Saturday’s battle against Birmingham at their Paul Chapman and Sons Arena, which is at Beaumont Sports Complex, wants to see the team get the support they deserve.
“We’ve made a great start to the season and we are making progress in every competition,” he said.
“We’re in the Semis of the Championship Shield, through to the next phase of the Knockout Cup and we are top of the league.
“It’s a case of so far, so good, but we need the fans to come along and get behind us and show the club owners, myself and the team what it means to them.

“The club have worked hard at promoting the sport over the last few months and we are extremely hopeful a winning team will spread a feel-good factor throughout the club.
“In addition, with other sports in the city now out of season, perhaps it’s a good opportunity to welcome new supporters to come along and watch this winning Leicester team.
“In simple terms we have had the best ever start to the season and it would be great to welcome new fans – or even those who have been before but not for some time – to the club.”

Children go free at all Leicester home meetings and Birmingham are expected to bring plenty of support on Saturday. The meeting starts at 7.30.

Leicester are without key reserve Jack Thomas who has won Under 21 international recognition with Great Britain and he is replaced by Luke Ruddick.

LEICESTER: Scott Nicholls, Connor Mountain, Josh Bates, Ryan Douglas, Richie Worrall, Luke Ruddick, Ellis Perks.
BIRMINGHAM: Adam Ellis, James Shanes, Zach Wajtknecht R/R, Ashley Morris, Ulrich Ostergaard, Paco Csatagna, Nathan Stoneman.

Comfy home win tbh . Adam cannot take a r/r so with Ulrich likely to be taking 5-6 rides we need him on form big time another poor showing from him would be very disappointing.

Leicester have started the season on fire and as most expected should end the season up the top end of the table. So anything from this meeting would be unexpected and a huge bonus .

Prediction : 50-40  

42 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Interesting we that bad ? or Leicester that good ?

Thats just what Scunny got humped by when they visited Leicester. However i would expect the Lions to go over 50 again this time. Richie out of form and Ruddick standing in at reserve still doesn't dent the home chances that much as RR for the visitors and riders who don't go that well upon the track. Its nice its a local derby but sadly the class difference between the two sides is a bit too wide.

Missing 'Zach' isn't going to make any difference to the outcome imo.... 55-35 ?

As for Ulrich? he's a good rider  on 'desparate' machinery........

I am not sure how Stewart Dickson can say the Lions are through to the next stage of the K.O. Cup when they got a bye in the first round and haven't ridden a race in the cup yet!

6 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Thats just what Scunny got humped by when they visited Leicester. However i would expect the Lions to go over 50 again this time. Richie out of form and Ruddick standing in at reserve still doesn't dent the home chances that much as RR for the visitors and riders who don't go that well upon the track. Its nice its a local derby but sadly the class difference between the two sides is a bit too wide.

Richie is only out of form for Poole, he's been flying round Leicester so far this season.

• Like 1

And Luke ruddick will be missing picked up concision tonight after crashing at Armadale tonight 

10 hours ago, mac101 said:

And Luke ruddick will be missing picked up concision tonight after crashing at Armadale tonight 

Ryan McDonald from the Leicester Cubs in for Ruddick

Well done Lions. Some great examples of team riding and not always from the gate. Scotty proving to be a great captain. 

Hope Josh’s ribs  not too bad and he makes it back fit sooner rather than later. 

Edited by 1 valve

I decided to make the trip after work but regretted it from mid meeting on wards. We were woeful, only James Shanes are Ashley Morris could say they had a good meeting but it was comprehensive win for Leicester. All season we cant seem to gate and when your at a gaters track like Leicester then there's only gonna be one outcome regardless of how good the side your facing is.

That's two poor meetings for Ostergaard in less than a week. He just isn't performing as what we hoped when we signed him. Hes only hit double figures on one occasion and whilst he wasn't a number 1 you would think riding at number 5  would ease the pressure. Leicester have a great top end but Ulrich was beaten from the tapes. He needs to improve in the coming meetings, maybe if no replacement is available we can re jig the riding order. 

Leicester are one of the best teams in the league, first time i've seen Ryan Douglas ride and what a cracking rider he is. With him, Nicholls and Worrall that's three number 1's certainly on form. I've always admired Connor Mountain in the NL and hes a great young rider, whenever I see him hes having good meetings. It doesn't matter who Ellis Perks is riding for, at whatever track, he always fills his boots when he rides against us. Hopefully Josh Bates is okay after his fall backwards off the bike.

Only crumb of comfort I can take from last night is we shouldn't be the last team to be well beaten at Leicester this season. 

• Like 1

I cannot comment about this meeting as I was not there, but, it has been much less of a gaters track this season due to the work Stewart Diskson has done on the track.

Edited by Skodaman
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

I cannot comment about this meeting as I was not there, but, it has been much less of a gaters track this season due to the work Stewart Diskson has done on the track.

I've been to Leicester a few times and the last time was the Coventry/Birmingham match last season when there was  real problem with the 3rd/4th bend. There was a massive crash when Ayres hit a hole and it caused him to crash into the other riders. In that respect it seemed alot smoother last night but I thought there was little passing, a few decent heats when Leicester riders got ours, but it didnt help with the gulf of class between the two sides. Maybe when a side closely matched to Leicester ( if there is one:D) comes to BP there will be better racing.

21 minutes ago, Brummie Kev said:

I've been to Leicester a few times and the last time was the Coventry/Birmingham match last season when there was  real problem with the 3rd/4th bend. There was a massive crash when Ayres hit a hole and it caused him to crash into the other riders. In that respect it seemed alot smoother last night but I thought there was little passing, a few decent heats when Leicester riders got ours, but it didnt help with the gulf of class between the two sides. Maybe when a side closely matched to Leicester ( if there is one:D) comes to BP there will be better racing.

Need to wait until 27th July then...................  :party: