British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
justathought

Leicester v Birmingham 25/5/19

2 hours ago, Brummie Kev said:

I've been to Leicester a few times and the last time was the Coventry/Birmingham match last season when there was  real problem with the 3rd/4th bend. There was a massive crash when Ayres hit a hole and it caused him to crash into the other riders. In that respect it seemed alot smoother last night but I thought there was little passing, a few decent heats when Leicester riders got ours, but it didnt help with the gulf of class between the two sides. Maybe when a side closely matched to Leicester ( if there is one:D) comes to BP there will be better racing.

Sorry it was a disappointing evening for you. I stood with a Birmingham supporter but  he perhaps enjoyed it a bit more because we were able to catch up on old times sitting on the 3rd bend at Brandon, so 3/4 years since we have seen each other.   Apart from James Shanes (I've always liked him since seeing him at Coventry a few years ago)  and Ashley Morris Birmingham didn't really put up much of a fight and of course that's needed to have good racing.  The track is certainly much better this season and it's no longer a gater's paradise but it does need a competitive team on a roughly equal level and unfortunately Birmingham weren't.  :(

39 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Well that was extremely disappointing . Ulrich well what can i say ? 

try , TAXI !

just realised why we signed Ulrich??? so that he can be a scapegoat for every poor result ??? I feel for the guy!

He needs better machinery imo…...he always tries hard and I'd keep him over Zach any day of the week!

35 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

just realised why we signed Ulrich??? so that he can be a scapegoat for every poor result ??? I feel for the guy!

He needs better machinery imo…...he always tries hard and I'd keep him over Zach any day of the week!

then how are the youngsters supposed to progress?

1 hour ago, Moranboys said:

then how are the youngsters supposed to progress?

Zach rides for Swindon too, so if he doesn't progress from there then he never will 

It's just my opinion, but I don't think Zach has the confidence to pass a rider ? He's as quick as anyone when he makes the gate.....but I'd question his 'confidence/risk factor' 

You cant teach 'bottle'....you've either got it, or you haven't !?

My intention isn't/wasn't to start a thread about Zach? but from a 'B'ham' team strength.....I'd choose Ulrich over Zach atm....and I do think Ulrich is the easy target when we have a bad result!?

I would love to see Zach progress to a fully fledged GB rider......

• Like 1