British Speedway Forum
ZagarRacing

Bank Holiday Monday 27/05 • Poole v Swindon (12.00) • Premiership

The tracks been in poor shape for 2-3 seasons really, always bumpy, notoriously dusty.

Hope any injured riders aren't too battered and bruised

4 minutes ago, noggin said:

Should be a bank holiday double for. Poole, Swindon down to effectively 4 riders, no tobi or lamps and Zach a passenger.

Would expect Bellego to ride tonight if he is about.

I was surprised Tobi came back so quickly, going to need a longer time out to heal properly.

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

He was at the meeting, you weren't. So his opinion carries more weight. Although I'd listen to what riders have to say. Only heard what Batch has to say so far. 

Firstly.......someone i know was there

Secondly..........not hard to deduce what the track was like

Thirdly........Shovlar is the biggest spouter of crap on the forum

He is the only person ive read that seems to think the track was ok

It shows you how sad the man is that he gets his kicks out of trolling on a forum............single i guess

Track was dicey at best. 

Big rut on turn 3. Track was better than before though.

Poole did look better though. Worrall (proved me very wrong). 

Covatti had a great meeting. Has a great duel with Doyle. 

16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Would expect Bellego to ride tonight if he is about.

Rasmus Jensen at 2, RR for Tobi 

just scanned through all the issues on here and and with a depleted side, we only lost by 12... saw the heat 3 clip and none of those riders were full throttle... 

If the track was as crap as what i have been reading then Poole speedway should be reported as this has been going on for years with holes around Wimborne Road.

Hang your heads in shame.

18 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Arent you Poole fans embarrassed by this poor excuse of a so called speedway fan

I am embarrassed with the state of poole speedway the track is a disgrace waiting for an accident to happen .we have seen better days . got dusty in the middle of the meeting don't see how the meeting could have been any quicker with all the reruns .still onward and upwards 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Track was dicey at best. 

Big rut on turn 3. Track was better than before though.

Poole did look better though. Worrall (proved me very wrong). 

Covatti had a great meeting. Has a great duel with Doyle. 

What has happened to that Zach W? Thought he had potential but he seems to have gone 4 steps backwards this season. He’ll probably make me eat my words tonight kind.

Need to see Worrall ride decent tonight. Hope today wasn’t a flash in the pan.

1 minute ago, ray c said:

I am embarrassed with the state of poole speedway the track is a disgrace waiting for an accident to happen .we have seen better days . got dusty in the middle of the meeting don't see how the meeting could have been any quicker with all the reruns .still onward and upwards 

There were delays after several heats which could have been avoided. Ref was very poor. The crowd let him know their feelings.

Adam Ellis has now commented. 

Used to look forward to going to Poole - two emoji’s used - poop & hole...

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There were delays after several heats which could have been avoided. Ref was very poor. The crowd let him know their feelings.

yes they did but that was only for heat 13 doyle and batch had a roller

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

About time the authorities removed Poole’s licence until the track is sorted. 

On a different topic is the updates site infected with something? Keep being redirected to some prize draw / survey website. 

Mine too on the phone but the iPad is OK.

15 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Adam Ellis has now commented. 

Used to look forward to going to Poole - two emoji’s used - poop & hole...

The track needs plenty of …..

Image result for money pics uk

None of this...……..

Image result for turd polish

And some supporters need to scrap these.....

Image result for blue tinted glasses

So back home after an exhilarating if somewhat  avoidably elongated meeting and I can't help smiling at some of the expected anti-Poole comments from the usual suspects on here.

Yes the track developed a rut/hole on the 3rd/4th bend apex but its usually the 1st/2nd bend that most complain about?!  Considering the track on Good Friday when Swindon won easily was supposedly 'the worst its ever been', then I do believe Swindon today were just looking for excuses. Early race times were some of the fastest this season - The Robins didn't get a heat advantage til heat 12!!

Re Musielak - There was talk in the pits before the meeting started that he was unfit to ride with the after-effects of the similar shoulder injury to Brady's. With Lampart also missing, Musielak was going to take one ride, probably tail off and then withdraw from the meeting. The fact that he crashed was a little too much. As he walked back to the pits, Rosco came out and gesticulated 'enough'!!

Finally for those that stayed to see the Rider of the Day award presentation and interview (with Richie Worrall) they will have heard him applaud the track staff for doing ' an awesome job' in challenging circumstances ie Warm sunny and breezy with the threat of rain from the west.

An unexpected win for the Pirates despite some very strange decisions from the Reading-based, Swindon-supporting ref - Dave Robinson!!  If he's officiating again this evening at Blunsdon then Swindon are in for a big win!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1