British Speedway Forum
ZagarRacing

Bank Holiday Monday 27/05 • Poole v Swindon (12.00) • Premiership

I think you’ll find Dave Robinson & Rosco don’t like each other so I wouldn’t suggest we will be favoured at all. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hyabb17 said:

I think you’ll find Dave Robinson & Rosco don’t like each other so I wouldn’t suggest we will be favoured at all. 

They may not but doesn;t stop him being at most of the Swindon home meetings does it? (Robinson not Rosco!):rolleyes:

I don't know what the track was like so can't comment,, as I wasn't there,, but I don't understand why some get so wound up when they were not,, and their team wasn't any of the two involved,,, why let it bother you. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

They may not but doesn;t stop him being at most of the Swindon home meetings does it? (Robinson not Rosco!):rolleyes:

But to insinuate that we will have an advantage is ridiculous.

I’ll be at the abbey later on the back straight almost level with the starts so i’ll let you know if we have any “advantages”. 

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 1

You may say Poole riders handled it fine. 

But they know where the holes are and can avoid them. That's the difference. 

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So back home after an exhilarating if somewhat  avoidably elongated meeting and I can't help smiling at some of the expected anti-Poole comments from the usual suspects on here.

Yes the track developed a rut/hole on the 3rd/4th bend apex but its usually the 1st/2nd bend that most complain about?!  Considering the track on Good Friday when Swindon won easily was supposedly 'the worst its ever been', then I do believe Swindon today were just looking for excuses. Early race times were some of the fastest this season - The Robins didn't get a heat advantage til heat 12!!

Re Musielak - There was talk in the pits before the meeting started that he was unfit to ride with the after-effects of the similar shoulder injury to Brady's. With Lampart also missing, Musielak was going to take one ride, probably tail off and then withdraw from the meeting. The fact that he crashed was a little too much. As he walked back to the pits, Rosco came out and gesticulated 'enough'!!

Finally for those that stayed to see the Rider of the Day award presentation and interview (with Richie Worrall) they will have heard him applaud the track staff for doing ' an awesome job' in challenging circumstances ie Warm sunny and breezy with the threat of rain from the west.

An unexpected win for the Pirates despite some very strange decisions from the Reading-based, Swindon-supporting ref - Dave Robinson!!  If he's officiating again this evening at Blunsdon then Swindon are in for a big win!!

Musielak took 5 rides in Poland yesterday - so can`t have been that injured before the start !!!

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Musielak took 5 rides in Poland yesterday - so can`t have been that injured before the start !!!

Yeah exactly. More rubbish stirring from Shov, Skidder and the rest of the pikey crew.

• Haha 1

The track is poor. Well all understand that it needs to be improved. 

But seeing some people say on Twitter that Poole should be shut down. It outrageous. If Poole go. We have mega issues in this sport. 

The council is still floating ideas around for the track. It’s hard though. It needs to be moved to a new site really. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

You may say Poole riders handled it fine. 

But they know where the holes are and can avoid them. That's the difference. 

Some may call that home track advantage?! But for those that are saying its been bad for a very long time, one would think that regular visiting riders would have a good idea where any holes/ruts were too?!  I wonder what they all chat about on the track walk?!  Didn't seem to faze Swindon on Good Friday?!!

Edited by Skidder1

10 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Yeah exactly. More rubbish stirring from Shov, Skidder and the rest of the pikey crew.

Not 'stirring' at all - that was what was being talked about in the pits, even to the point of him being checked over by the doc?! If it wasn't, I wouldn't have posted anything!!

ps. and I find the 'pikey' comment insulting and unnecessary!

14 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

He was believe me.

20 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Not 'stirring' at all - that was what was being talked about in the pits, even to the point of him being checked over by the doc?! If it wasn't, I wouldn't have posted anything!!

The pikey comes from the Poole Pikey Pirates name because of the lack of race suits. I'm not calling you one.

19 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The track is a living death trap. You can dress it up however you so desire, with your sidekick shovlar, but that’ll not fool those who have eyes on this forum.

Its been diabolical for a number of years. Everyone outside of Poole and the vast majority in it will testify to this. 

44 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

excuse me you might class one or two on here as pikey but don't include all of us :angry:

Edited by ray c

7 minutes ago, ray c said:

excuse me you might class one or two on here as pikey but don't include all of us :angry:

Haha as mentioned to Skidder in a reply to him I don't class any of the Poole fans as pikeys! Was poorly worded. The Poole Pikey Pirates is down to the race suits or lack of.