British Speedway Forum
ZagarRacing

Bank Holiday Monday 27/05 • Poole v Swindon (12.00) • Premiership

1 hour ago, ray c said:

I am embarrassed with the state of poole speedway the track is a disgrace waiting for an accident to happen .we have seen better days . got dusty in the middle of the meeting don't see how the meeting could have been any quicker with all the reruns .still onward and upwards 

Well you can't be described as one of the blue tint brigade, that's for sure ;)

Just now, thecoombdog said:

Haha as mentioned to Skidder in a reply to him I don't class any of the Poole fans as pikeys! Was poorly worded. The Poole Pikey Pirates is down to the race suits or lack of.

yes I agree on the race suits ragamuffin comes to mind 

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Well you can't be described as one of the blue tint brigade, that's for sure ;)

the whole presentation at poole as been poor for last couple of seasons :nono:

6 minutes ago, ray c said:

yes I agree on the race suits ragamuffin comes to mind 

Maybe I will go back to something my mate called them who doesn't watch speedway much and laughed when he saw them on the box. The Poole Lost Property Pirates. Bit less offensive than the pikeys!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

None as blind as those who wish not to see. 

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

The track is poor. Well all understand that it needs to be improved. 

But seeing some people say on Twitter that Poole should be shut down. It outrageous. If Poole go. We have mega issues in this sport. 

The council is still floating ideas around for the track. It’s hard though. It needs to be moved to a new site really. 

Not really!! Track just needs to be prepared properly. We could do with a rich sponsor who could just invest into the track seeing as Matt won't. Not that I blame him, prob needs money for his other future business ventures. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Haha as mentioned to Skidder in a reply to him I don't class any of the Poole fans as pikeys! Was poorly worded. The Poole Pikey Pirates is down to the race suits or lack of.

You know when speedway was at its most popular, they didn't have team suits. No one seemed worried! And I'd rather not have them if they are going to look as bad as Swindon's! 

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Some may call that home track advantage?! But for those that are saying its been bad for a very long time, one would think that regular visiting riders would have a good idea where any holes/ruts were too?!  I wonder what they all chat about on the track walk?!  Didn't seem to faze Swindon on Good Friday?!!

Lets get real Skidder,there should never ever be any holes on a speedway track.Home track advantage should only be where the riders know the best lines,whether the home riders like it grippy/slick,grippy/slick starts,bends etc.But to have holes as a home track advantage is damn crazy.These men are doing in excess of 60mph with no brakes don't forget.

I agree Ray, track was poor, just as well Poole riders knew where ruts/holes were. Not a good day for Poole speedway who I have supported for almost 50 years

3 minutes ago, Supersub said:

I agree Ray, track was poor, just as well Poole riders knew where ruts/holes were. Not a good day for Poole speedway who I have supported for almost 50 years

Why is it never addressed by the management of the club ?

1 minute ago, ray c said:

Money!!!

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So back home after an exhilarating if somewhat  avoidably elongated meeting and I can't help smiling at some of the expected anti-Poole comments from the usual suspects on here.

Yes the track developed a rut/hole on the 3rd/4th bend apex but its usually the 1st/2nd bend that most complain about?!  Considering the track on Good Friday when Swindon won easily was supposedly 'the worst its ever been', then I do believe Swindon today were just looking for excuses. Early race times were some of the fastest this season - The Robins didn't get a heat advantage til heat 12!!

Re Musielak - There was talk in the pits before the meeting started that he was unfit to ride with the after-effects of the similar shoulder injury to Brady's. With Lampart also missing, Musielak was going to take one ride, probably tail off and then withdraw from the meeting. The fact that he crashed was a little too much. As he walked back to the pits, Rosco came out and gesticulated 'enough'!!

Finally for those that stayed to see the Rider of the Day award presentation and interview (with Richie Worrall) they will have heard him applaud the track staff for doing ' an awesome job' in challenging circumstances ie Warm sunny and breezy with the threat of rain from the west.

An unexpected win for the Pirates despite some very strange decisions from the Reading-based, Swindon-supporting ref - Dave Robinson!!  If he's officiating again this evening at Blunsdon then Swindon are in for a big win!!

Mate no Reading fan would want Swindon to do well and vice versa - there was always intense rivalry between the two teams, so there is no way Dave Robinson would support Swindon. As a true Reading Racer at heart (followed them for over 30 years), you’d have to get Paul McKenna to do a job on me to support the old enemy(And even then I reckon my default position would be to support whoever the opposition were!) I hope all the riders recover from this morning. 

If riders were given a map or Gps of the track attached to handlebars with holes and ruts indicated would be a lot safer.

18 minutes ago, RebelDan said:

Mate no Reading fan would want Swindon to do well and vice versa - there was always intense rivalry between the two teams, so there is no way Dave Robinson would support Swindon. As a true Reading Racer at heart (followed them for over 30 years), you’d have to get Paul McKenna to do a job on me to support the old enemy(And even then I reckon my default position would be to support whoever the opposition were!) I hope all the riders recover from this morning. 

Robbo hates Swindon

24 minutes ago, ray c said:

It's down to money. Matt won't spend what's needed. He has done a good job in the trophy department for the Pirates over the years. Think about it..... Winning teams = good crowds= £££ for Ford..It seems to me that now he wants to sell, he wants as much as he can get from the club/ paying public whilst spending as little as he can.

He was supposed to fly in for home meetings.. I don't know if he has to any so far. Can't recall anyone mention him being there.

Edited by Bald Bloke