British Speedway Forum
ZagarRacing

Bank Holiday Monday 27/05 • Poole v Swindon (12.00) • Premiership

52 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Lets get real Skidder,there should never ever be any holes on a speedway track.Home track advantage should only be where the riders know the best lines,whether the home riders like it grippy/slick,grippy/slick starts,bends etc.But to have holes as a home track advantage is damn crazy.These men are doing in excess of 60mph with no brakes don't forget.

As Company Directors and Promoters of Poole Speedway Ltd, I’m sure both Fords are aware of their personal responsibilities and liabilities with regard to personal injuries sustained by “employees” whilst at a place of work, should that place of work not be in a condition that is fit for purpose. I assume they have satisfied themselves that they have adequately discharged their responsibilities and therefore sleep soundly at night..

Just now, sugarray said:

Passed a track inspection a few weeks ago.

A car can pass an MOT one day and develop faults the next - i’m Pretty sure that this is the same as a speedway track - out in all the elements :rolleyes:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

A car can pass an MOT one day and develop faults the next - i’m Pretty sure that this is the same as a speedway track - out in all the elements :rolleyes:

An MOT also can come with advisories like, I suggest you get rid of the holes....:drink:

• Like 1

Not a good day for Swindon.  Riders injured at Poole in the morning (Tobi and Jason) and reported as a poor track and riders unhappy about it including multiple crashes (which SS described as overriding).  Track at Blunsdon seems to have been prepared to match the morning track - no excuse for this!  Losing Tobi was just too much to cover for our reserves - who continue to struggle even with the change.

The only positive I can see from today is the signing of Rasmus Jensen to replace Lampart.  Was he not the lad we tried to sign a few seasons ago but there was a lot of discussion about what average he would come in on and, in the end, we couldn’t sign him?

Edited by Steve0

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

It's down to money. Matt won't spend what's needed. He has done a good job in the trophy department for the Pirates over the years. Think about it..... Winning teams = good crowds= £££ for Ford..It seems to me that now he wants to sell, he wants as much as he can get from the club/ paying public whilst spending as little as he can.

He was supposed to fly in for home meetings.. I don't know if he has to any so far. Can't recall anyone mention him being there.

Matt has been there for every home meeting as he said he would be. Spoke to him today.

10 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

I guess Swindon will need a new MOT certificate after tonite then?!

Just now, Skidder1 said:

Matt has been there for every home meeting as he said he would be. Spoke to him today.

Great. I did say I didn't know. I can't remember anyone mentioning it before. Did you ask him about the track?

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

I guess Swindon will need a new MOT certificate after tonite then?!

Keep up - already addressed this!

6 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Not a good day for Swindon.  Riders injured at Poole in the morning (Tobi and Jason) and reported as a poor track and riders unhappy about it including multiple crashes (which SS described as overriding).  Track at Blunsdon seems to have been prepared to match the morning track - no excuse for this!  Losing Tobi was just too much to cover for our reserves - who continue to struggle even with the change.

The only positive I can see from today is the signing of Rasmus Jensen to replace Lampart.  Was he not the lad we tried to sign a few seasons ago but there was a lot of discussion about what average he would come in on and, in the end, we couldn’t sign him?

Wasn't it Patrick Hansen?

5 minutes ago, noggin said:

You may be right.  I do hope our new team declaration gets approved as that will give us a solid scoring 1-5 and less pressure on the reserves.  Hope he can score like that every meeting too 

Jensen is a great signing for Swindon. He rode with Klindt for Worky last year . Nicolai recommended him to Poole but MF went with NBJ instead.

1 hour ago, noggin said:

Mikkel B Andersen

58 minutes ago, Grachan said:

pretty blunt comments by troy . at the end of the day he is the guy who puts his life on the line to entertain