British Speedway Forum
ZagarRacing

Bank Holiday Monday 27/05 • Poole v Swindon (12.00) • Premiership

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

They will just get a new certificate- probably rest tomorrow and ride Sweden Tuesday;)

Well, that seems the most likely thing to do. 10x UK in Poland and 5x UK in Sweden it would make you feel sick to ride in the UK for so much less. What's Up Doc?

Brady Kurtz has just been interviewed and its seems unlikely we will see him race tonight. 

18 minutes ago, screm said:

Brady Kurtz has just been interviewed and its seems unlikely we will see him race tonight. 

I would hope this was a tactical thing by Leszno as even if fully fit it would have been a struggle to do a POL match finishing late today and then getting to Poole for a 12 mid day start the following morning. Perhaps he is just on standby in case today's match was going wrong as the 2 Leszno reserves probably covering all his rides would walk into every team on the planet let alone the top club in POL. Let's hope for all of us Leszno do win the match and he indeed rests up as was reported by Poole.

he is doing a john terry full kit w--k-r :rofl:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Lynn are limited to RR for Riss unless Kerr or another is out as well

No problem with that at all but just wondering how Edinburgh could have a guest for Pickering on Friday and weren’t limited to R/R.

46 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I would hope this was a tactical thing by Leszno as even if fully fit it would have been a struggle to do a POL match finishing late today and then getting to Poole for a 12 mid day start the following morning. Perhaps he is just on standby in case today's match was going wrong as the 2 Leszno reserves probably covering all his rides would walk into every team on the planet let alone the top club in POL. Let's hope for all of us Leszno do win the match and he indeed rests up as was reported by Poole.

I believe that If they went R/R for Brady then he has to miss the following week’s meeting as well. By sticking him in Kevlar’s & then subbing him out get round this. This is only what I’ve seen previously so may have changed. 

Poole 44

Holder 8 / Worrall 3+2 / Klindt 8 / Grajczonek 6+3 / Lawson 4+1 / Covatti 7 / Jakobsen 8+2

Swindon 46

Doyle 14+1 / Lampart 3 / Musielak 10 / Ellis 7+1 / Batchelor 11 / Wajtknecht 0 / Perks 1

Polish rules and contracts state that riders must turn up if they are declared in the original line-up - unless they are seriously hurt and in hospital!!  After Friday's x-rays in the UK Brady flew out to Poland to get further treatment from the Leszno doctors - probably more scans and some intensive physio - on his badly bruised arm and shoulder, in the hope that he might be fit to race.

That has proved unlikely if not impossible in Poland and UK this weekend.  Whether an extra day's rest and further treatment allows him to turn out in Sweden on Tuesday we shall have to wait and see, although the latest speedwaygp.com news release suggests this also to be unlikely!!

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Looks as if Kurtz rides for Leszno today

Ah so not right all the time then?!

With your knowledge of Polish speedway I'd have thought you would know that riders have to turn up if they are in the declared 1-7 unless they are injured and in hospital.

51 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Ah so not right all the time then?!

With your knowledge of Polish speedway I'd have thought you would know that riders have to turn up if they are in the declared 1-7 unless they are injured and in hospital.

Not strictly true what you have written- because Leszno did have a choice-Kurtz was injured on Thursday and they could have named another rider eg Lidsey before the team for this match was submitted on Friday. They chose the other option.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

Poole 44

Holder 8 / Worrall 3+2 / Klindt 8 / Grajczonek 6+3 / Lawson 4+1 / Covatti 7 / Jakobsen 8+2

Swindon 46

Doyle 14+1 / Lampart 3 / Musielak 10 / Ellis 7+1 / Batchelor 11 / Wajtknecht 0 / Perks 1

I would expect more than 8 from Jack and i predict Doyle won't get a max generally has one bad ride at Poole. Jack is flying and will be difficult to beat. Musielak was going well prior to injury so may not be on fire either. Perks is going very well so i expect him to get a few points but our reserves are strong and Covatti rode well at Peterborough. Should be close, hopefully the Pirates will just edge it. 

3 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

No Lampart for us today.

Swindon using rr for him

8 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

Shouldn't hurt Swindon. Ellis can take a ride. Perks in good form. Swindon to win a close one.

When our reserves have to take 3 extra rides it will hurt us!

• Like 1