British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SharpenRake

Edinburgh v Glasgow Friday 24th May

23 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Well done to all the Tigers riders including Connor Coles. For two away meetings running the tracks have been described as either tricky or grippy. Have teams been trying to psych us out. If so its not worked. Looking forward to Ashfield tomorrow and a fast fair track. 

We always try prepare a grippy track so there goes that theory.

anyway the meeting, expected result, hope everyone who fell is okay. Felt Sarjeants move was a bit too firm imo. Good to see Ricky back in the points. Sedgmen attempt at trying to pass coles was embarrassing looks scared anytime someone comes near him. Lawson also shouldn’t be getting beat by either reserves at home.

couple of changes needed imo before the season is finished before it’s even started.  

1 hour ago, GreenLightGo said:

This team is going places. Anyone noticed KBick just quietly going about his business and doing his job? Sarj is a bit of a liability though and refs are onto him big time. Mind you elastic sales are up

wheres Jan Andersen in here? Strangely quiet

Always does. Nothing flash,loud or brash. Just gets on with it. One of the reasons I like him.

3 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Not normally one for pressing the panic button but think time to change one possibly two riders.

Good to see Ricky looking bit more like his old self

The Sedgman gamble doesn’t look like paying off and it is Avery short season waiting for riders to come good nowadays

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The Sedgman gamble doesn’t look like paying off and it is Avery short season waiting for riders to come good nowadays

normally only see his boots hanging out of lemons backside

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, BobC said:

Always does. Nothing flash,loud or brash. Just gets on with it. One of the reasons I like him.

When he was a junior he was terribly flash turning up like he was a GP Star. Not sure if that was him or his dad. But nowadays he is doing the talking on the track. I think a hard year at Worky has grounded him.

i don’t expect him to be a top level star but he is solid and is taking some scalps in this division at a tender age. Great to see! 

Cant wait for tonight - taking the grandkids as it’s Saturday night and they are super excited to meet Roary!!! Mon the stripes!!

Depends what you mean by ‘terribly flash’ but I don’t see much wrong with having a professional image and looking as good as you can when on duty. Years ago at school my PE teacher used to say ‘look smart, play smart’ when we represented the school at football, cricket or whatever and I think that’s true. 

He didn’t do as well as I thought last season but seems to be fulfilling his potential this year and it’s great to see. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

What’s the rule regarding going on the centre green this year?

As Jensen rode down it after making a practice start in his first ride.

Talking of his first ride Mr McGregor missing the most blatant tape touch I’ve ever seen from Jensen and not excluding but instead giving him a warning after the race was laughable.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Talking of his first ride Mr McGregor missing the most blatant tape touch I’ve ever seen from Jensen and not excluding but instead giving him a warning after the race was laughable.

You get beat last night then.

Would this have been an issue if you had won, somehow i doubt it.

Edited by Gazc
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

I thought they had done away with the rule for this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

You get beat last night then.

Would this have been an issue if you had won, somehow i doubt it.

It wouldn’t of effected the result, we’re pants just wondering what the ruling was about it and complaining about what was an awful piece of refereeing. 

A Glasgow win was never in doubt we didn’t look like getting a heat advantage all night.

10 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

It wouldn’t of effected the result, we’re pants just wondering what the ruling was about it and complaining about what was an awful piece of refereeing. 

A Glasgow win was never in doubt we didn’t look like getting a heat advantage all night.

If you can get a half decent replacement for Sedgmen and get Pickering back you will be half decent, replacing Sedgmen is a must as you can't carry him any longer , Lawson as well expected more from him.

26 minutes ago, Gazc said:

If you can get a half decent replacement for Sedgmen and get Pickering back you will be half decent, replacing Sedgmen is a must as you can't carry him any longer , Lawson as well expected more from him.

I agree the side was built on Sedgmen riding to his 14/15 season form of averaging around 7 instead he’s averaging around 4. Lawson in at reserve should hitting around the 5 point mark instead is averaging around 2.5/3. 

Side was built on a bit of a gamble and it’s not paid off.

Think Justin is struggling with the grippy track it was pretty rough last night and some looked to be struggling to turn  but got better after ht 10 who is doing the track these days