British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Halifaxtiger

Belle Vue v Plymouth

Its not often I start a thread - particularly after race day - but this match deserves one.

I suspect I am not alone in thinking that this would be one sided but it was, in fact, anything but and I think the final score slightly flatters the Colts.

It was, in fact, a splendid meeting. Nip and tuck most of the way and with some excellent racing thrown in, the highlight was perhaps a superb maximum from Jordan Palin. Aged just 15,  he never really looked like being beaten and how vital his contribution was is shown by the fact that Plymouth's top 5 outscored the Belle Vue's top 5. A word, too, for Ben Rathbone, who also put in an excellent performance and jumped up from what looked like a horrible crash in heat 14. 

Big credit to the Gladiators. I thought they'd get humped but they really attacked the track, particularly Richard Andrews. His last bend drive to split Leon Flint & Kyle Bickley in heat 15 would have graced any Aces meeting. 

At just £10 - cheapest speedway in Britain - this was excellent value and a major advert for in NL speedway. If any Aces (or other) fans haven't tried the Colts, give them a go. 

• Like 8

If i lived in the frozen north I'd be there every meeting, instead i had to content myself with a humdinger of a match at the East of England Showground. The sacrifices i make!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

If i lived in the frozen north I'd be there every meeting, instead i had to content myself with a humdinger of a match at the East of England Showground. The sacrifices i make!

Peteborough can be a fantastic track at its best - one of the few to match the NSS.

If I lived in the tropical south I'd go there a lot :D

Last night will hopefully set us up for what has the makings of a screamer on Monday against Wolverhampton.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

I also thought Plymouth would be taken to the cleaners but fair play to them they attacked the track from the start and kept it close throughout. Jordan Palin looks a natural on the bike with a great style and good speed another excellent young prospect coming through, Ben Wilson was very quick and I was impressed with Richard Andrews who also had good speed and never gave up culminating in a great race in heat 15, for me Plymouth deserved a point for their efforts.

• Like 1

A fantastic performance from Jordan who looks to have a fantastic future in the sport.

Ben Rathbone is showing promise with two good home performances and I am sure there will be improvement during the season

I thought Ben Wilson looked like going through the card until Kyle lowered his flag in heat 13.

A most enjoyable meeting....

Edited by Gunner85
  • Like 2