British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ruckerroo

Eagles v bandits 25 may

After 2 desperate home defeats and the horrible crash for tom brennan the bandits are in town tomo.

Bowtell drops to reserve while georgie woods had 2 maxs this wk in the nl, kyle newman joins the side replacing tom.

Berwick look a solid side but maybe better on bigger tracks , busk jacobsen could do well at arlington and doolan and summers are no mugs.

Eastie look good for a win tomo , lets hope alf bowtell can get a few riding in a role more suited to his ability.

Two narrow defeats to arguably the best teams in the league isnt desperate just shows Eastbourne arent quite strong enough. It wont be that way every week.

Edited by MD
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, MD said:

Two narrow defeats to arguably the best teams in the league isnt desperate just shows Eastbourne arent quite strong enough. It wont be that way every week.

Fair point MD, its going to take Eastbourne a while to build again and the loss of Tom is a massive blow. I don't think we are a bad side, slightly unbalanced but the club is trying to move forward on and off the track so time will tell if we will get it right long term...

Berwick have done well on their travels so far this season though I think they will find this meeting a bit beyond them, especially as this will be the first visit for virtually the whole team to Arlington. Berwick`s team news is that Coty Garcia misses tonights meeting with shoulder injuries so Jordan Jenkins comes in as cover while Jye Etheridge after taking quite a battering in last weeks meeting with Sheffield comes back into the team.

Eastbournr 53 Berwick 37

Looking forward to seeing Charles Wright for the first  time as he is in great form and there could be some good races with the Eagles heatleaders.

Overall the Bandit reserves may be out of their depth.

Personally I don't worry about the two single point losses in the last two matches,  A lot of misfortune which after the run they have had was overdue. It doesn't make them a bad team and they made some silly mistakes which they should learn from. 

My only criticism is the poor team management of Trevor Greer, I thought badly of him in the Elite days and I don't think he has changed which is a pity because he seems a nice guy.

54-36 Home win    (accidents barring) 

14 minutes ago, Hunters said:

Looking forward to seeing Charles Wright for the first  time as he is in great form and there could be some good races with the Eagles heatleaders.

Personally I don't worry about the two single point losses in the last two matches,  A lot of misfortune which after the run they have had was overdue. It doesn't make them a bad team and they made some silly mistakes which they should learn from. 

My only criticism is the poor team management of Trevor Greer, I thought badly of him in the Elite days and I don't think he has changed which is a pity because he seems a nice guy.

Charles Wright will certainly prove a (very) secret weapon for Bandits, but we do respect Trevor Geer as an excellent team manager. 

Probably been a while since most of the Bandits apart from Leon rode at Eastbourne. I would expect NBJ, Spud and Kevin to be amongst the points tonight. Jye probably won't be 100% fit after last Saturdays crashes, and Danni not a lover of technical tracks. My predictions have been quite good this season, as much as I would like to see an away win i will go 51-39 to Eastbourne. Safe meeting to both sets of riders. 

2 hours ago, Hunters said:

What alias is Charles using? Pesky Bandits have a ringer:unsure: :)

19 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Charles Wright? Certainly news to me? I’m going 60-30 unfortunately

Touche,  I thought he was Berwick not Redcar  no wonder I haven't seen him before.  Now I am disappointed as I will have to wait until August.

3 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Jordan Jenkins??:unsure:I’m no expert on good riders around Eastbourne but surely there’s somebody better considering Coty is 4.76?

To be honest mate not huge choice for them. The World Under 21 thing on in Europe (Rounds) so likes Kemp, Nicol, Stewart, Thomas all in that. Clegg is in some 3 Team Event at Stoke, Bickley due at Glasgow (off now) as was Smith and Rowe, Castagna Stoneman and Perks at Leicester.   It basically NL left!   Greaves might have been only one. And Glasgow Junior Ryan MacDonald is fitting in at Leicester I think for Thomas 

Edited by Catch Me If You Can

35 minutes ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

To be honest mate not huge choice for them. The World Under 21 thing on in Europe (Rounds) so likes Kemp, Nicol, Stewart, Thomas all in that. Clegg is in some 3 Team Event at Stoke, Bickley due at Glasgow (off now) as was Smith and Rowe, Castagna Stoneman and Perks at Leicester.   It basically NL left!   Greaves might have been only one. And Glasgow Junior Ryan MacDonald is fitting in at Leicester I think for Thomas 

35 minutes ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

Glasgow match was cancelled weeks ago.