British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ruckerroo

Eagles v bandits 25 may

6 hours ago, penchev said:

Yes correct but does the average Berwick fan care ?

I didn't expect to win  but I thought we'd do better than that ,but I guess circumstances can change  losing KD definitely didn't help 

Edited by DSC67

9 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

I didn't expect to wi but I thought we'd do better than that ,but I guess circumstances can change  losing KD definitely didn't help 

Just as losing LK didn't help the Eagles. However, I think a home team will always cope better in such circumstances

Edited by Richard Weston

12 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Just as losing LK didn't help the Eagles. However, I think a home team will always cope better in such circumstances

Would have been an easy victory if the two riders had been able to continue but Eastbourne got 10+1 from Lewis's races and Berwick didn't beat an Eastbourne rider with Kev's races.:drink:

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Everyone on here knows how much I have criticised our away performances in past years but come on? We had no chance at Eastbourne and even less so when our most experienced rider had to be replaced by 2 riders who had never seen the track before and 2 u18 2 point reserves. I’ve been to every away meeting up until tonight and can safely say we have been much improved, only problem has been Gappmaier but he done respectably at Glasgow and very well at Sheffield when some of our other riders struggled. We have won at Newcastle and scored 44 at Sheffield and Edinburgh in our first 4 away meetings, that’s better than any start to a season for at least 10/15 

Edited by Gringo

5 hours ago, penchev said:

Depends what you mean by an “average fan”. I guess the vast majority of Bandits fans that attend home meetings are only interested in what happens between 7 & 9 on a Saturday evening. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, penchev said:

Is there such a thing as an average Berwick fan :blink:

I thought this meeting would be beyond the Berwick riders and so it proved, though I did think we could get a few more than 25. Best wishes to the two injured riders, Lewis Kerr who seems to have a shoulder injury and Kevin Doolan who was with drawn with a possible concussion, if that is confirmed that could rule him out of our next fixture against Newcastle in the KOC next Saturday.

The collection for Tom Brennan came to over £1700.  

Well done eagles fans and it shows how much we care about him.

• Like 7

Huge sigh of relief that Lewi Kerr is ok. (Eagles site / Twitter).

Have to say Georgie Wood in particular was really on it last night (even considering the opposition had an off night & the track had improved from last week).

Apologies - Of course good to see Kevin Doolan also is fine (Saw him helping out the Bandits in the pits after the incident).

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, mmmmethanol said:

Huge sigh of relief that Lewi Kerr is ok. (Eagles site / Twitter).

good to hear both riders not seriously hurt.

10 hours ago, penchev said:

You would have to ask Dick any news of Lewis and Kev good to see the amount raised for young Tom speedway fans the best 

A big confidence boosting performance from all the EAGLES......Lets hope that can lift them against tougher competition..best wishes to the two injured riders...Lewis and Kevin...

Edited by waco

6 hours ago, Shadders said:

Depends what you mean by an “average fan”. I guess the vast majority of Bandits fans that attend home meetings are only interested in what happens between 7 & 9 on a Saturday evening. 

Absolutely agree.  True at all tracks. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, screm said:

Is there such a thing as an average Berwick fan :blink:

Mmmmmmm let me think lololololo. :blink::cheers:

Edited by tyretrax
  • Haha 1