British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ruckerroo

Eagles v bandits 25 may

29 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Absolutely agree.  True at all tracks. 

The way the sport is run that is probably the case nowadays.Very few travelling fans these days.Even then you can be watching same riders riding for different teams most weeks.

6 hours ago, Hunters said:

The collection for Tom Brennan came to over £1700.  

Well done eagles fans and it shows how much we care about him.

i take it there were no Berwick fans there ?

We did try to organise a bus to come down last night. But with Hotel and Bus Fare it was going to be expensive for a one off. Sadly with lack of fixtures we could not really make it a mini tour. Eastbourne are in a better situation than we were, as when you come to Berwick your at Edinburgh Friday & Newcastle Sunday. I was looking to come down, as last time I was there was 1977 Cup Final which we narrowly lost :D:D.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Normski said:

We did try to organise a bus to come down last night. But with Hotel and Bus Fare it was going to be expensive for a one off. Sadly with lack of fixtures we could not really make it a mini tour. Eastbourne are in a better situation than we were, as when you come to Berwick your at Edinburgh Friday & Newcastle Sunday. I was looking to come down, as last time I was there was 1977 Cup Final which we narrowly lost :D:D.

Is something thats happening more and more in speedway these days, and in the last few seasons especially to Berwick where there is virtually no tours as was the case a few years ago which would encourage travelling support. As you say there are very few who could go all the way to Eastbourne for a one off.

Edited by screm
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Normski said:

1st Heat decider:P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

1st Heat decider:P

:rofl::rofl:

The distance between the two clubs....surely North South leagues, at least for the start of the season should be considered. Following forum and updates but MISSING it. 

Edited by comet49
  • Like 1

Does anyone know if Kev will be available for next weekends matches? 

42 minutes ago, comet49 said:

The distance between the two clubs....surely North South leagues, at least for the start of the season should be considered. Following forum and updates but MISSING it. 

Probably the most sensible post on the forum... North/South leagues across the board so we could have a proper fixture list with little gaps in it & get the 4's qualifiers back to keep teams ticking over nicely 

12 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Does anyone know if Kev will be available for next weekends matches? 

According to his Facebook post he's been stood down for 9 days due to his concussion 

2 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

According to his Facebook post he's been stood down for 9 days due to his concussion 

Cheers that's all we need